Delicious Desire ☽ Prologue

KAI

---

"Dad, why did I need to come with you?" I asked, fiddling with my tie in the hallway mirror.

My father gave me a pointed look, he said fixing my tie "One day, you will have to take over. Which means you have to be there for the truce-treaty Kai." I sighed, rolling my eyes at him. He had used his Alpha tone with me, making the poor woman working in the kitchen expose her neck in submission.

I was frustrated because I was supposed to have plans with some friends today, to go cliff-diving. It's the perfect adrenaline rush, not to mention the hot bikinis and the even hotter girls.

However, I understood why I needed to be there. I'm just bummed that I can't hang out with my friends, Nevertheless, I have to because I was born with the Alpha gene. This means that it's my responsibility to take over. Trace, my younger brother, wasn't born with this gene, So, I'm the only one who can do it. I may not have a choice, but I do want to take over.

I want to lead the people of our pack, meet my mate, and have a few pups of my own. I want a big family, but frankly, it doesn't matter to me if I'm mated with a woman or a man, because I'm bisexual.

Speaking of family, mom and Trace were in France for another pack meeting. Not nearly as important as this one, but still necessary. While Quinn, my father's Beta, was busy prepping the pack for the joint training we had today with a neighboring pack, Crescent Rose.

I looked over at my father, who was still getting ready. His salt and pepper hair complimented his age. I won't say that my father isn't attractive, he is. His deep-set ocean blue eyes could peer straight into your soul, and fortunately, I inherited them. He was tall, dark, and handsome. Most importantly, I was a complete carbon copy of him, despite my auburn hair that I inherited from my mother. Trace was a replica of my mother, with her chocolate brown eyes, but he had father's jet black hair. Our mother was born the Pack Healer, but she became the Luna when she was mated to my father. Trace was born a healer as well.

Our family is feared, for our immense power, and the sheer size of the pack we lead. Our pack, Silverbane, is considered one of the most powerful packs of werewolves in the world. We became this strong thanks to my great-grandfather and grandmother, who are both currently elders of our pack. We are considered the royalty within the werewolf world, and I am the 12th generation Alpha of our pack.

"Kai, are you done? We're leaving in ten minutes." My father said, pulling me out of my internal monologue.

"Yes! I'm coming!" I said as I grabbed my coat from the wooden hanger by the door. My father was talking to his Beta, about the practice we had in a few hours, and the safety regulations they placed for during our absence.

We didn't live in the packhouse, because there weren't enough rooms for everyone, so that decided to split the houses. The Omegas and the healers are the only ones that stay there for the most part. We owned thousands of acres, many people built their own homes, we had a hospital, several schools, ranging from pre-school to college, and we had little shops run by the elderly pack members. The Silverbane Pack was like its own little town. We also had humans that lived amongst us, and they all know about us because it's hard to hide a man shifting into a six-foot beast. So, we are allowed to shift freely, anytime, and anywhere.

I climbed into the Jeep, my father getting in a few minutes later. I placed my arm against the doorframe as he began to drive out of our little town.

Some of our hunters were preparing to leave the territory to begin their hunt, mostly for Game and deer. I smiled as we passed all the town folk. Some were walking their kids to school, and others just lounged around in their front yards, washing their cars and some were even mowing their lawns.