Delicious Desire ☽ 15

KAI

---

Standing there, with my hands pushed up against Elian's cold chest, his cold but soft lips met mine. It lasted only a few seconds but it feels like hours have gone by, my eyes widened. No way.

His eyes are close but mine is wide as saucers, my heart is pounding with the ring of my wolf's voice in my mind. Mate... it echoes in my head. I pushed him away from me, a little harder than I intended, he looked at me with confusion then realization flooded into his expression. He looked away as I turned around and walked away.

Leo and a female teacher came running, but I hurriedly passed them.

"Kai, Wh-" He stopped mid-sentence as he realized I'm not listening.

"What's up with him?" The female teacher asked Leo.

He raised his shoulders and walked towards the group as the teacher asked all the students to get back to class and not to spread any rumors.

I walked towards the dorms and got as quickly as possible in my apartment, opening the door I slammed it closed and leaned against it breathing heavily. Why, why Elian. He's my mate. Oh, my fucking hell. I thought as I slowly slid down my door. Placing my head in my hands I ran my fingers through my hair and shook my head, making my auburn hair hang over my forehead.

What am I going to do? He'll reject me and I'll... die, yes I know it sounds dramatic but in reality, it's what really happens. When a werewolf's mate rejects them, the wolf slowly dies and so does the human, so I just have to ignore and steer clear of Elian till I can find a way to convince him, not to reject and... kill me.

I sighed and stood up from the hallway floor and decided a shower was what I needed now, but first I closed the balcony door or else it might rain in. The clouds had gathered and it was already really dark at six o'clock in the afternoon. Turning on the T.v I went to my bedroom and took my shower.

Drying my hair with a hand towel, there was a knock on the door. Letting my arms fall beside me, I walked towards the locked door and opened it.

I sign of relief came whooshing out of me when I realized it was just Trace, he had a worried expression on his face.

"Kai, you seemed startled by something. Are you okay?" He asked taking my arms and leading me towards the black couches.

I sighed and looked at my brother, he's matured a lot from being here. Even if we don't see each other that much anymore. Trace has decided that he moved in with Farren, Elian's sister. And a couple of their other friends too.

"Yeah, I'm fine... but I have to tell you, I found my mate," I said confidently but it ended in a whisper.

His brown eyes widened and a small smile stretched out on his face.

"Oh, I'm so happy for you! But why are you sulking in your room? Who is it?" He asked kind of confused by my behavior.

Looking him in the eye, I took his arm and said, "It's... Elian, Elian Castel."

"What?! Your mate is Elian Castel, now that's what I call a plot twist." Trace said shocked by the news.

I halfheartedly glared at him, as he chuckled at me.

"Kai, if he's really your mate he'll accept you no matter what." He said rubbing my exposed shoulder with a warm smile.

I smiled back but I quickly faltered, "Please don't tell anyone yet, I'll or we'll tell everyone when we're ready." I asked looking him dead in the eye.

"I promise, I won't tell anyone." He said holding his hand up as if he was taking a pledge of some sort.

We both laughed and hugged.