Guild Challenge [Chapter 28]

Vex laughs and looks to me, stretching and smiling. I see he has cut off his beard and his hair is only coming down slightly past his shoulders.

"It feels good to be so light, I've never felt better. I used to exercise everyday until my arms and legs would go out, but I never grew stronger."

Vex says, quickly lying down on his back and doing sit ups. I nod slightly.

"Then, why are you still exercising? If exercising never made you stronger, why continue doing it?"

I ask, as a drop of sweat rolls down his cheek. He laughs while continuing to exercise.

"Its a warm up more so than anything else now. Just to prepare me for my day."

He says as he does a kick-up to his feet. He stretches his arms up and out, then pops his neck.

"So where are we headed today? And did you convince Carrina to join us?"

He asks while walking back towards a chair with his torn up shirt on it.

"Well, I -"

Before I can finish talking Carrina speaks up behind us.

"I will be joining your team, and Mia will be accompanying us. I will still hold her safety as a priority."

Carrina says while walking towards us with some folded clothes.

"You need new clothes, see if these fit."

She says as she tosses the pile towards Vex. He quickly catches them and tries them on, the first shirt is a tight grey shirt showing his toned body clearly. He smiles and raises his arms, the shirt lifts slightly, revealing his abs.

He tries on the other shirts, eventually finding one that's a perfect fit. A black long sleeve dress shirt with red buttons.

"This feels good."

He says, rolling up the cuffs and unbuttoning the top button. He looks at his slightly worn and dirty black pants and sighs.

"I'll have to find some better pants before long."

He says as I nod in aggreeance. I hear light footsteps running towards us from behind. I look over my shoulder to see Mia jump onto Carrina's back and laugh.

"Adventure!"

She says loudly while giggling. Carrina smiles faintly and nods. Carrina looks to me.

"So, where are you planning on going?"

She asks as I scratch my chin.

"I was thinking about either heading far north or heading to the Continent of Monsters, Vel."

I say as she clenches her fist and sighs.

"I will follow you if you head north, if you head to Vel however, I will not follow."

She says while staring into my eyes. I nod.

"I understand, Vel is a dangerous place. I probably won't take Blankk, Asteroth, or Warren with us their either. I can't promise anyone's survival."

I say as Vex sighs.

"And I couldn't teleport us to there using [Mass Umbra Shift], it's too far away."

He says as I quickly look to him.

"Right, I wanted to ask how that spell works. Any ideas?"

I ask, Vex nodding slightly.

"Basically, it exchanges places of two different things with shadows. Not sure how it works at night time though."

He says while scratching the back of his head. I ask another question.

"But, do you know its range? And what category of spell is it?"

I watch as he opens his stats page.

"I think the range is my level in miles, and it says it's an Epic spell."

Epic? I haven't even seen an Epic spell yet. No wonder it's so strong, but I can't help but wonder what the requirements for an Epic spell are.

I think to myself while Vex grabs his weapons from behind the chair his shirt was on.

"Oh, and what do those weapons do? Like, what are the abilities on them?"

I ask as he pulls out each weapon and looks at it.

"This sword increases damage done to living creatures by four hundred percent."

He shows a short sword with a red blade and an ornate handle with a ruby in the hilt.

"This axe increases my strength by three times."

The axe looks more like a hatchet with a guard at the bottom of the handle. The handle being just large enough to wield with both hands.

"The last weapon I received in the dungeon is this sword. It increases my speed by four hundred percent as well."

A longsword with a faint black glowing inlay throughout the blade. The handle has thorns wrapping around the guard.

"And the broken sword is the one you gave me. It increases my speed by two hundred percent."

I wonder if the buffs stack. Like would the 400% speed and 200% speed stack to make 800% or 600% speed increase?

I see Vex hold the two speed increase swords and smile.

"And it feels like I'm much faster than wielding them one at a time."

He says as I chuckle.

Well that answers my question.

I see Vex quickly sheathe his weapons and nod.

As I start to ask another question, we all hear a scream outside. I quickly turn around and see the door fling open. Blankk, Azeroth, and Warren dash in and quickly run to us. Warren speaks up.

"Dante, there's a guild here looking for us. It's not Wolfpack."

He says, Blankk and Azeroth both nodding in agreeance. Blankk steps forward.

"They're saying if we don't accept their offer they're going to start killing off people in this town."

Blankk says as I quickly dash outside and towards the commotion. As I come around a corner, I see several people with heavy armor and large weapons looking at me.

"Ah, you must be the man we've heard so much about."

A tall man with heavy black plate-mail says as he throws down a boy he was holding off the ground.

"We, the Class-B guild The Alliance, challenge your guild to a Guild Game. If you refuse, our members hidden around town will start executing the townsfolk, for conspiring with murderers."

He glares at me with an evil smile as I smile back.

"I accept."