Strengthening The Guild [Chapter 44]

As I sit and wait, I see Carrina chasing Warren around and Mia playing along in the chase. Blankk and Azeroth are chit-chatting while looking at gear they pulled from The Reapers dead bodies.

I look around and notice most of the people have left, looking defeated from the days events. I quickly toss my axe and longsword that I received in the dungeon to Blankk and Azeroth. They quickly look at the items and stare in disbelief.

"These are amazing, were these the reward for the dungeon?"

Blankk asks as I nod. Azeroth quickly takes the axe and smiles.

"This is really nice, I still prefer my scythe though."

He says as I hold up my arm to scratch it, quickly noticing the spiraling thorn tattoo now reaching from my elbow to my wrist.

This tattoo keeps getting larger, I wonder if  it grows based on level? I also wonder what happens when its fully formed, or if it even will ever finish.

I think to myself for several minutes while everyone else does their own thing. After a while Azeroth pokes my forehead and stares at me.

"How come you're just sitting here? Seems kinda boring."

He says as I nod.

"Just thinking. I have a lot on my mind."

I reply as he sits next to me.

"Want to talk about it?"

He asks calmly as I shake my head.

"It's not that important, but what about you? How are you getting along with everyone? How are you enjoying being in the party?"

I ask as he rubs his neck.

"Well, to be truthful, I wish I could do more. Honestly, this whole trip has just been me tagging along while you and Vex do everything else. But as for the friend part, yea! Blankk and I get along really well, and I know you probably don't see it, but Warren and Carrina care for each other."

He says as I raise one eyebrow.

"They care for each other?"

I ask sarcastically as he laughs.

"Not like romantically, but even though they both act like they don't get along well, its obvious to Blankk and I they are good enough friends to almost kill for one another if it came to it."

I nod and look at the portal.

"About how many minutes has it been?"

I ask as Azeroth looks at the portal as well.

"About nine, I think."

He replies as I nod. I quickly stand up and smile.

"So you want to get stronger?"

I ask as he nods.

"Guildless! We're having a meeting!"

I yell as Warren and Carrina freeze dead in their tracks and look to me. Blankk looks over his shoulder and nods. They all quickly jog over and stand in front of me and Azeroth.

"So, anyone else want to be stronger?!"

I shout as they all quickly freeze. After a second they nod. I wave for them all to lean in, so I can whisper.

"So, that X-Class dungeon right there, they give ten-thousand attribute points upon completing it. If me and Vex run through it a few times, you guys will be some of the strongest S-Class's on the planet. You all would even have higher stats that Arthur did."

I say as they all smile. They all look at each other and nod.

They all talk excitedly amongst themselves for a few minutes as I lose myself in thought. The portal snaps a cracks as Vex walks out. He has a large beard and streaking black hair tied up by a piece of  cloth. He stares out at us blankly for a moment before taking a step forward and pulling the cloth from his head, revealing his hair falling to the ground and trailing a few feet around him.

"About ten years."

He mumbles as he scratches his beard. We all quickly run over as he laughs and pats our heads. He stands a few inches taller than when we last saw him.

"Guys, can't believe its been so long, I hope you didn't wait long. If my math is correct, you probably waited about an hour."

Vex says as we look at each other. I shake my head.

"No, we only waited about thirteen minutes."

I reply as he smiles.

"So time does flow differently in an X-Class dungeon."

He mumbles to himself as I quickly speak up again.

"What level were the enemies you were fighting?"

I ask as he scratches his beard some more.

"The plain enemies were about three-hundred. Mini-Bosses were about three-hundred and eighty, and the final boss was four hundred and twenty."

He says as I put my hand to my mouth, thinking.

So the enemies are different levels everytime? I wonder if we went back in if they would be weaker or stronger? Also, if I kill things with my fist while in a party, does the exponential exp gain go to everyone or just to me?

I hear Azeroth start talking.

"Vex, would you be okay with being in a party with us? Then going back into the dungeon with Dante so we could level up and get the bonus attribute points?"

Azeroth asks as Vex nods slowly. He looks at me and slowly holds out his hand. I can tell be the way he's moving, he's trying to be careful. He places his hand on my shoulder gently and smiles.

[-5,000 HP]
[+5,000 HP]

I nod as we receive an invite from Warren. We all quickly accept as we see the party again.

[Warren]
[Dante]
[Azeroth]
[Carrina]
[Blankk]
[Miala]
[Vex]

I stare at the names and smile.

"Alright Vex, let's get our guild leveled up and stronger."

I say as he smiles and gives a thumbs up. We quickly walk back into the portal and immediately see a Mini-Boss.

   [Level 380]
[Andritch, UnderVeil Guardian]

I look around and notice now we're in a massive forest, and standing in front of us is an elf. He has a bow in his hands and 3 smaller creatures run from behind him.

   [Level 300]
[UnderVeil Spawn]

Vex quickly summons a blue and black sword with 6 black and blue spikes jutting from the hilt in 6 different directions and angling upwards towards the blade.

With one swift cut, he kills the boss and the 3 that spawned with it. He starts walking through the forest as I smile and follow him.