Elith vs. Zero [Chapter 53]

Elith readies her sword, entering a very cautious stance.

"You are very powerful, but there is no evidence that was physical strength that caused the clouds to part. You very easily could've used a spell."

Elith says while Zero crosses his arms.

"And what makes you say that?"

He asks as Elith takes a guarded step forward.

"If you would've had the force to punch that hard, you would've compressed the air under your fist and put yourself several feet into the ground beneath you. That wasn't a physical attack."

She replies, quickly lunging towards him. He easily blocks her sword with one hand, the shockwave knocking a tree down and pushing his feet through the dirt. I see Zero's eyes widen slightly as he jumps 10 feet away.

"Ah, so that sword reduces stats. By how heavy I feel, I would guess it halves the stats of who ever gets hit."

Zero nods and clenches his fist.

"But even still, you have shown me no reason to fight at even a fraction of my true power."

His words seem to anger Elith.

"Don't you dare look down on me. I refuse to be weaker than you!"

She screams, purple and silver energy ripping around her.

"[Demon Extricate X4]!"

She yells as the ground starts shaking.

"Oh, a release? That's pretty neat, maybe I will fight slight serious."

Zero says while he readies his fists. Before I can perceive it, a line of devastation rips through the woods behind Zero. Almost 3 miles of fallen trees and ripped up roots.

I see Elith holding her sword out while on one knee. Blood runs down her face from her eye. As she slams her sword into the ground, the energy dissipates.

[5 Seconds Until Buffs Wear Off]

This is my chance!

I quickly [Teleport 1] to her and swing HexCalibur at the back of her neck. Before I make contact, she quickly pulls her sword to the side and blocks it. She gets knocked through several trees and I get pushed back from the impact.

"Oh, that attack looked pretty weak compared to what she just did."

Zero says from behind me. I quickly spin around and swing my sword towards his face. I stare in shock as he blocks my sword with his index finger tip.

"Ah, so this one does more damage to living creatures."

He mumbles to himself as he flicks my sword and I away. I get launched several hundred feet away and roll on the hard dirt to a stop.

[-250,000 HP]
[+250,000 HP]

Shit! He barely even touched me! What the hell is this guy?!

I stand up and growl angrily.

"Hey!"

I [Teleport 2] to him and reach for the collar of his cloak. Before my hand reaches him, he grabs my wrist. I grit my teeth and glare at him.

"What is your score?"

I growl angrily, Zero staring at me.

"Like, fourty-thousand I think."

He replies nervously.

"No, you're lying. Unless every item on your body is buffing you."

I hiss as he nods.

"Correct, I have a lot of good gear. But like I said earlier, I see no reason to fight. I just observe."

He says as he suddenly holds up his free hand and blocks Elith's overhead strike. He gets pushed into the ground, to his neck. My buffs wear off, but I barely even feel it.

"Oh, interesting. I really thought the draw back from a release would be too much for you."

He replies as he floats out of the ground and steps back onto solid ground. He doesn't have a single speck of dirt or any stains on his white cloak.

Elith swings wildly towards him, clearly agitated.

"Don't underestimate me! Currently your stats are sixty-four times lower than they normally would be!"

She yells as Zero easily blocks her sword with his hand again.

"And yet, you still are nothing. Have you not realize I haven't even fought back yet? I've been toying with you, just messing around. I'm only hear to observe. I can leave whenever I want."

He says smugly, Elith visibly upset. I stand, motionless and powerless before them. Elith speaks up.

"Then why are you here? What are you trying to observe?"

She asks, calming down instantly. Zero put his hand to his mask.

"I have a goal, but I'm not sure how quite to go about it yet. I've been watching several strong people here, but they all seem to be self-absorbed. They don't seem to share my goal of protecting people."

I stare at him. As I start to speak up, a sharp pain rips through my body. The thorns on my left arm glow red as I feel myself become light.

"Child, show me what you can really do."

A thundering voice booms as I see Elith and Zero looking to me.

"Oh? So in the presence of overwhelming power, you can find a release here as well. Good to know."

Zero mumbles as I throw a punch towards him. The force of my punch scars the landscape and knocks down Klandiz's house.

What is this?

I look at the thorns on my left arm and hand. They seemingly pulse with power as Zero steps from the dust in front of me, once again without a scratch.

"So this is what your first release looks like. Interesting. No abnormal features, but maybe it changes from place to place."

He mumbles while looking at me.

"Don't fuck around! We're fighting! With my power, I will crush you! [Field of Anger 5], [Field of Life 5], [Bloody Wraith 5], [Wrath 5]."

[All Stats Increased 5X]
[Regeneration Increased 5X]
[Speed and Strength Increased 20X]
[Strength Increased 10X]

[30 Seconds Until Buffs Wear Off]

Zero laughs as Elith stumbles back.

"So you are who I thought."

Elith mumbles while Zero stands with his arms crossed.

"This looks interesting. Show me what you're really capable of."

I put on the crown and ring and smile sinisterly.

I'm going to kill this man.