New Gear for The Guild [Chapter 47]

I watch 18 pieces of gear appear on the ground in front of Warren:
2 black short swords with white and red ornate inlays.
A large black and silver halberd with spikes at both ends.
A sword with a glowing orange blade and a large shield.
3 rings, each with different colors and gems.
A scythe with a dark red blade.
A crown with skeletal pieces fixed to it.
A necklace with a wolf's tooth attached to it.
A huge sword; almost a foot wide and 6 feet long, with gold and white designs etched into the blade.
A pair of light blue daggers, curved like claws.
A sword that has no blade, just hilt and handle.
2 long swords with matching inlays, except one is green and the other is black.
A belt with spikes facing inward, obviously stabbing the wearer.

I see everyone sift through the items while I sit back and smile. Vex walks over to me and laughs.

"Man, never could've imagined I would go above level one-hundred, much less level four or five-hundred."

I look to him, confused by his words.

"I thought your max level was only one-hundred seventeen?"

I ask as he nods.

"Me too, but when we beat the X-Class dungeon, it raised my maximum level by one hundred. It did it for all four times I went into the dungeon."

I turn and look at him.

"So, your current level is?"

I ask as he puts his thumb to his chest.

"Level five-hundred and seventeen."

I laugh and shake my head.

"Damn, who would've thought that our guild would be the strongest guild around in only a week."

I say as Vex laughs.

"Well, I guess we were chosen by a higher power."

He says as I chuckle.

Well, at least I was.

I see Azeroth grab the scythe and stand up. Followed by Blankk grabbing the 2 short swords and Carrina getting the sword and shield. Mia laughs and picks up the pair of daggers while Warren holds the Halberd. I notice the only item not taken was the belt with inward facing spikes.

"We might be able to sell that."

I mumble as I see Blankk look over to where Arthur's dead body was. As I look over, I see 2 people inspecting the body. As they touch his back, I see his head regrowing and healing. I quickly walk towards them. On the way, I see them stab his chest and stomach repeatedly.

"Who are you?"

I ask while glaring at them. They look over to me, masks hiding their faces but not their eyes.

"Merlin asked us to bring Arthur back, so that is what we are doing."

A woman says as they both stand up and draw their weapons. I stare at them blankly as they ready themselves.

"Did Merlin tell you who I am? Who we are? I'm sure he didn't just throw you towards your inevitable death. And also, how did he contact anyone in the short time he had left?"

I ask as the man charges towards me, super slowly through my eyes. I smile and move behind him before he even perceives me moving. As he starts to stop, I snap his neck and throw him to the ground.

"H-how? I didn't hear him cast [Teleport]?"

The woman says under her breath as I stare at her.

"That's because I didn't, the gap in our speed is just so vast it seems that way."

I reply as she takes a step back. I can tell by her narrowed vision and darting eyes, she's trying to find an escape route. I see Arthur slowly stand up and pop his neck and shoulders.

"Ah, so I've been brought back to life."

He says while popping his shoulders and lifting Excalibur from the dirt.

"So Dante, is this round two?"

He asks as I laugh.

"No, you stand no chance against me."

I say while laughing at his ignorance.

"This time will be different."

He growls as he readies his sword. The woman beside him quickly touches his shoulder.

"Uh, if he's the one that killed you, I suggest you just go back to the capital."

She says as Arthur looks to her, clearly agitated. As he swings Excalibur towards her, I see Vex block it with his own sword.

"Arthur, I will fight you."

Vex says as Arthur laughs.

"You? You were weaker than me last time we fought, and I was holding back. What makes you think anything has changed?!"

Arthur shouts, obviously loosing his cool. Vex smiles and slams Excalibur to the ground, then grabs King Arthur by the throat. He lifts him off the ground and breaks his wrists with the pommel of his sword.

"For trying to kill my friend, I will make sure you are punished to the full extent by the law."

Vex growls while glaring at Arthur. I see Arthur kicking and panicking, trying to break free. I laugh and walk over, smiling and patting Vex on the shoulder.

"Or, we just kill him again and call it a day? Honestly, not sure what the law could do to him, since he is stronger than the government technically."

I say as Vex sighs and tosses him to the ground.

"You're right, he would easily break out of any prison. And he could easily defeat any captors that are standard humans."

Vex mumbles as he thinks before smiling widely. He quickly grabs Arthur and drags him along the ground. Arthur kicks and screams for him to stop, but he doesn't. He lets him go a few feet from the X-Class dungeon. Blankk quickly runs over to us.

"Shouldn't we take his items before throwing him in there?"

Blankk asks as I nod and look to Vex. Vex sighs and removes his necklace and armor, leaving Arthur in only regular clothes. I laugh and pick Arthur up. He stares into my eyes and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry. Please, don't do this. No one will be able to get to me if I'm in there."

He says as I grin widely.

"That's the plan."

I reply as I push him into the portal and laugh. Azeroth walks over, both of his scythes on his back and looks into the portal.

"Wow, not even I would've thought to just leave him in a dungeon."

He mumbles as I look at him. I smile and touch his shoulder lightly.

"Have you leveled up yet?"

I ask as he shakes his head.

"Not yet, I've been inspecting this scythe."

He says as he quickly opens his status page. I see his eyes widen and mouth hang open as he smiles excitedly.

"I. This."

He shakes his head before composing himself.

"This is awesome."