Grim [Chapter 83]

Blankk's eyes glow as he chuckles.

"You got punched out of the cave at around six-hundred miles per hour. They must be as strong as she says."

Blankk laughs, Vex quickly helping me up and sighing.

"She was just telling us that he can't leave the cave, but whenever anyone does enter the cave, they die."

I see the woman staring at me wide-eyed. She quickly puts her hand on my cheek and stares at my purple cheek.

"You lived?"

She mumbles under her breath, almost as though it's impossible. I pull my face away and look to Vex.

"He's named, just like a boss in a dungeon. Level five-hundred."

I say, almost angry at how easily I was defeated. I start to march back to the cave, but Vex grabs my arm.

"If he's lower level than me, but still can slap you around, we can't fight him at all. Remember, this guy blessed Arthur, ergo he's clearly stronger. We have to reason with him."

I pull my arm away and smile.

"He can reason with my sword through his throat. If I activate all my buffs he shouldn't be able to withstand the hit. Then, when he dies, Arthur will lose the power."

I growl, glaring at Vex. The woman quickly speaks up.

"Kill Grim? You can't! He's our leader!"

I subconsciously reach for my sword, but only notice when Vex and Blankk grab my wrist. I shake my head and pull my hand away. The man in the cave shouts out towards me.

"Hey! I know you aren't dead, get back over here."

We all look towards the cave, then move that way. The woman hesitantly following us.

"Even if you want to, you'll be no match for him. It's suicide to even try to fight Grim."

She tries to reason with me, but I refuse to listen. As I approach the cave I see Grim sitting on the ground, at the edge of the cave. I walk up, inches from him and glare down at him. An insanely ripped physique and long jet black hair hanging onto the dirt cause the woman to smile oddly. As he looks up, I see his eyes are completely black.

"M-master. These m-men, or, uh, potential followers are, are, here to talk to you."

The woman's personality completely changed, Grim simply waving his hand and smiling.

"Leave us, Rugia."

She quickly bows and runs away, not even hesitant to follow his order. After a few seconds, everyone behind me sits down as well. I continue to stand and stare at Grim.

"You look mad? Does it wound your excessive pride to be so weak?"

Grim smiles and laughs, clearly trying to antagonize me. I slide my foot forward barely, and growl. I can't even percieve it, but Grim stands up and stares at me. I look up and step back, siding with reasoning rather than pride. Grim nods.

"Good call."

He kicks the ground four times quickly, causing the stone to erupt from the ground into a perfect position to sit on.

"But let's talk about why you're really here. Arthur."

I nod, waiting for him to speak more. He rolls his head around and scratches his neck.

"Honestly, when I felt someone else extremely strong appear, I wanted to meet them. I would've given some of my power to anyone who would accept it, if only to see you through their eyes. It just so happened someone had just been thrown into a dungeon with overwhelmimg hatred for you."

Grim says, yawning and stretching.

"By the time I had noticed and sent him my power, he had already been in the dungeon for nine-hundred years. Really lucky that he had [Area of Undying 10] cast on him before being thrown into the dungeon."

We all quickly look at each other than back to Grim. Vex stands up and shakes his head.

"But when? How?"

Vex seemingly closes his eyes, thinking back. Grim chuckles.

"Due to letting him borrow power, I got to see all of his life. The one called Merlin had enchanted a dagger with the spell, and the next thing stabbed would be enchanted. He then sent two pawns. They cut Arthur open and stabbed his heart."

Grim smiles, almost pleased with telling us all this. I nod and smile, but Vex speaks up first.

"Wait, how did you know about Merlin doing all that? You said you see Arthur's life, not anyone else's?"

Vex asks, raising a good point. We all stare at Grim as he laughs slightly.

"Ah, Vex. Still very perceptive, some things will never change."

We all start to speak up, questions seemingly flooding our minds, but Grim speaks up.

"I'm going to tell you how to defeat Arthur, then you leave. I recommend coming back as soon as you win. I'll show you how strong I am when I'm at full power."

He stares at us, almost knowing the questions we would ask.

"On Lathric exists a weapon, unbreakable and sharper than any other. If I remember correctly, the current lord is using it. It is the only weapon that would pierce Arthur's chest and break the enchantment on his heart."

Grim smiles and waves his hands for us to leave. I stare at him, then nod. Grim snaps and stands up.

"Oh, two things before you go, Dante."

My muscles tighten up.

"How do you know my nam-."

He steps toward me and places his hand on my shoulder.

"I waited until you were fully healed, this isn't as far out as I can go from this cave. Oh! And say hi to Nevereth for me!"

Before I can respond at all, he slams his fist into my stomach with speed my mind can't even comprehend. I get launched backwards through the forest, slamming through hundreds of trees and feeling my bones crack and shatter. I slide to a stop with blurry vision, only seeing enough to see the village we were first in and the HP notice.

[-280,000,000 HP]
[+200,000 HP]

"Grim."

I black out to the sound of cheering and chanting.