The Meeting [Chapter 33]

I jolt awake and quickly look around.

"Did I lose? No, I could've sworn I heard him say I won."

I say quietly while looking around. I see I'm in what looks like an infirmary. I slowly roll out of bed to see my body is bandaged slightly. I notice my dagger, and crown from the dungeon, is on a table next to me with a fresh shirt. I see I'm currently wearing shorts.

"So someone must have changed my clothes after my fight."

I mumble while I throw the red and grey shirt on. I hear Merlin speak up behind me.

"My, my. You do have quite the toned body. I'm going off a hunch, you workout a lot?"

He asks while propping on his staff and staring at me.

"Not really, but never mind that, where did you come from?"

I ask, confused, while he laughs.

"You seem to forget, I know every spell that exists. [Invisibility] comes in handy quite a lot for watching people, especially when I don't want to give myself away yet."

He says, still staring at me.

"But, then why give yourself away at all? Why start a conversation with me if you didn't want to reveal your position?"

I ask while fixing my dagger to my hip.

"Well, I've never really been into girls, if you catch my drift."

He replies as I laugh nervously. I quickly change the subject.

"So, where did Vex go? I'm sure he was injured as well?"

I ask as he waves for me to follow him. I sigh and walk behind him, going through several doorways and hallways. Eventually we find ourselves in a large circular room with my guild and Arthur talking. A few other people I don't recognize are sitting in chairs around a large stone table. Vex looks to me and waves for me to come over.

I quickly move to them and see someone with heavy grey armor and long black hair in front of me. They have their back turned and are talking to Blankk and Azeroth. As they turn around I see its a woman. Vex lays his hand on my shoulder.

"This is the guy you've been looking for, managed to win us that fight after all."

Vex says while nodding towards me. I extend my hand and watch her closely.

"Dante, and you?"

I ask, her taking my hand firmly and smiling.

"Lucan, a pleasure."

She shakes my hand tightly before looking back to Arthur. Arthur quickly steps towards me with a wide grin on his face.

"Ah! Dante, its good to see you awake and moving around. Are you sore at all?"

He asks while laying his heavy hand on my shoulder once again.

"I'm fine."

I brush his hands off and look around.

"So what's going on here?"

I ask, noticing a few other people walking in.

"We've had it scheduled for a while to discuss the X-Class dungeon. It just so happened you arrived a day before the meeting, quite lucky timing indeed."

He says as I laugh quietly to myself.

Probably due to having increased luck alongside Azeroth. But, could we even help against a X-Class dungeon?

I think as I see several more people enter the room. I clench my fist as I see a man with a black cloak and a skull mask enter the room. I count 27 people in the room, excluding my guild. King Arthur quickly steps forward towards the table with about 30 seats and sits down. Everyone else sits down as well, leaving only our guild, and 3 seats. As we all look at each other we quickly realize what might be implied.

"Mia won't be sitting at this table."

Carrina says while glaring at everybody.

There are 3 S-Class fighters in our group right now: me, Vex, and Mia.

I quickly pull Azeroth and Vex to the table and sit down. Merlin laughs and smiles creepily at me.

King Arthur quickly clears his throat.

"Everyone at this table is invited to the X-Class dungeon. We're here to formulate ideas and strategies on how we may be able to clear the dungeon. This will be our first push as a unified front, all the S-Class fighters on this continent."

He says as I quickly scan everyone at the table. Sure enough, I see Alesti laying his head down and sleeping.

Must've immediately laid down, might be why I didn't notice him before.

I think as the man with the skull mask points to me.

"So, what good could some inexperienced children do for us? Especially when one of them isn't even S-Class?"

He asks as King Arthur looks to us.

"I'm assuming it's the one with wings. No matter, if Dante believes he can hold his own, I won't question his decision."

Arthur says while nodding towards me. I feel a sense of relief as someone else stands up. He has solid gold armor with a golden greatsword on his back.

"You couldn't get Death's Advocates, so you grabbed some random kids?! Arthur, are you even taking this seriously?"

He asks as Arthur smiles.

"Well, these 'kids' put up a better fight against me than I'm sure most of you would. So yes, I'm taking this seriously."

Arthur releases a hardy laugh and looks to Alesti.

"Would the White Wolf like to join us in our conversation?"

Arthur asks as Alesti gives a quick thumbs down and gets comfy with his arms on the table.

A woman in a dress with a black veil over her face quickly raises her hand.

"There were rumors of a child with unprecedented power, would that be one of the three present there?"

She asks while pointing to us. King Arthur nods as she gasps and nods quickly.

"Then I will agree to this dungeon. But which one has the power I've heard so much about?"

She asks as Merlin laughs.

"The one with the messy black hair and deep blue eyes. Dante Fenrix, and his <<Ascendant Physical Prowess and Growth>> one hundred times."

Merlin says as everyone quickly looks to me, confused and shocked. Several seem almost afraid.

Oh no.