AUTHOR'S NOTE/INTRODUCTION

Hello!

In the middle of a Blue Bloods binge, I began to wonder what it would be like if Danny had a daughter, and so, this story was born. Yes, I know that pretty much every Blue Bloods fanfiction has an OC (original character), but I wanted to write this anyway.

I hope that no one finds it unrealistic or anything that most of the events in this story (either new ones that I created or those that already occurred in the show) will revolve around Emily. My logic is that:

a) We already know what happened when Erin, Jamie, Danny, or whoever went through this situation (if it already occurred in the show),

b) I wanted to explore a new perspective, namely one where everyone gets worried because something happened to the OC, and

c) What can I say, I love watching my characters get hurt and find their inner strength to do what they have to do to survive (hope this doesn't make me a bad person, oops)

I will try to keep the story in chronological order, starting with Emily as a teenager and then her as a cop, but like I said, I'm getting story ideas as I am making my way through my binge. I have watched the show until around season 7 (but that was a long time ago), and now that I am on COVID-19 quarantine/summer break, I decided to start the show over again. At the time that I am writing this intro, I am about halfway through season 2, but as I write I will be making my way through the show again, obviously.

As always, if you have any questions, concerns, comments, suggestions, or anything else, please feel free to leave me a comment or a PM! I read every single comment and try to always reply to all of them! Anyway, I hope you enjoy!