So... Plan B? ~ Part 4

When Emily came to, the first thing she noticed was her pounding temple. She tried to reach her hand up to massage her head, but quickly remembered two things. One, her arms were still zip tied behind her back. And two, her shoulder was still dislocated. Her cheek felt warm and sticky from the blood, and she knew that she was going to be left with a scar.

"Nice going, genius," she mumbled to herself as she began to survey her surroundings again. It was pitch black, now, but most importantly, she was alone again.

Knocked unconscious twice in one day, that's got to be a new record for you, Em.

The first time she regained consciousness, it had been late evening, but now? It could have been midnight, two o'clock, four o'clock? She had no idea. For all she knew, the sun could have been half an hour away from beginning to rise. It was too dark for her to even read the clock a couple feet away, meaning that she had no way of knowing for sure how long she'd been unconscious.

Was it dumb, spitting in her kidnapper's face like she did? In hindsight, yeah, a little. But he was being a creep, and Emily refused to accept that. After Kidnapper #1 turned the camera on himself, Kidnapper #2 walked over to Emily, kneeling by her side and setting his hand on the top of her thigh. She told him not to touch her, at which point he squeezed her leg. Beginning to panic, she gasped and flinched, jolting her shoulder and sending pain radiating throughout her body. When his hand began to travel up her leg, towards her skirt, her blood began to boil. She barked out, "Get your hands off me" and spat in his face. All she saw after that was the silver blur of his pistol as she felt another burst of pain, this time on her head, and then nothing.

Emily shook off the memory, ignoring all of her pain. The important thing was, she had managed to deliver her message to her family. Her plan worked, now she was just hoping and praying that her family understood everything: she was kidnapped in an old white Ford van with New York plates ending in 14. She was being held in some sort of old warehouse by a river, probably the East River, since she heard Kidnapper #1 mentioning "LaGuardia."

Emily froze, a thought appearing to her like a light bulb. LaGuardia. She shook her head, nearly laughing at the realization that her captor's stupidity may have just saved her life, because he just helped her family narrow down the list of possible locations where she maybe is being held. She knew that the fact that she was by a river wasn't extremely helpful in the grand scheme of things; it eliminated inland parts of the boroughs, but she still could have been pretty much anywhere. The fact that LaGuardia is the closest airport to her location eliminated much of New York City and the surrounding area. In fact, if she had to guess, Emily thought to herself, she was probably in Port Morris or Hunts Point, two areas of the Bronx known for being more industrial and admittedly not the safest parts of the city.

At this point though, there was nothing that she could do besides wait. Emily hated waiting. She always had to be doing something. Sitting here, waiting for her family to save her like a damsel in distress drove her crazy. But really, as she sat and examined her surroundings once again, she truly saw that she couldn't get herself out. She had no way to break the zip ties keeping her wrists wrapped around the pole. There was a way to break them, but it would have been impossible to move her arms enough with her dislocated shoulder.

So, she just listened. She could hear the constant flow of cars around her, spreading for miles and miles throughout the city. In the warehouse, she could hear a faint conversation on the factory floor below her. The words were indistinct, but laughter was also audible. Her kidnappers were clearly enjoying themselves, assuming that they wouldn't be caught. At one point, tensions flared and shouting erupted. She braced herself, thinking that the NYPD had arrived, but those hopes were quickly dashed once she actually heard what the voices were saying: