So... Plan B? ~ Part 3

Not long after all of his phone calls, the entire Reagan family had crowded into Frank's office. They all demanded to know what exactly had happened, so Nicky was forced to once again describe the events that had unfolded. Erin sat on the sofa next to Nicky, her arms encircling her daughter as she spoke. Danny stood with his sons in front of him, one arm over each boy's chest, refusing to let them out of his grasp. As Nicky spoke, Linda began to cry, her tears streaming silently down her face as she was wrapped in her brother-in-law's arms. Jamie was surprisingly stoic, rubbing Linda's back and absorbing every word that Nicky said.

When all was said and done, they began to formulate a game plan. Officers were sent to the scene, and Danny's partner Jackie went with them, interviewing potential witnesses. Danny would later join her, unable to sit still and desperate to take action. As soon as Henry left with the kids to take them home, Danny had turned on his heel and walked out the door.

By now, it was after two in the morning, and Frank sat at the end of the staircase, swirling a glass of whiskey in his hand, his mind wandering. Linda was upstairs sleeping with the boys, who didn't want to be left alone that night. Nicky was with them too. Henry was in his bedroom, and threatened to use his baton if Frank didn't wake him as soon as there was news, although Frank truly doubted that his father was actually asleep. Danny, Erin, and Jamie were in the kitchen together, waiting for news. Danny had come back from the crime scene not long ago, and had brought back the four kids' backpacks that they had dropped when they ran.

Everyone was home at that point, because they'd hit a dead end. Without security camera footage or a license plate, they had no way of tracking the vehicle through the busy streets of Manhattan. After all, knowing that they were looking for a dirty white van with a smiley face drawn in the dust could only help them so much; it wasn't much evidence to go off of, and they all knew that. However, no one blamed Nicky for not being able to provide a better description of the van; it wasn't her fault.

As he sat absentmindedly, Frank's phone suddenly rang in his pocket and he jumped to his feet in surprise. Answering it, he waited for the voice on the other end to speak.

"Sorry to wake you, sir -" Baker began, before Frank cut her off.

"Come on Baker, you really think any of us are asleep right now?"

"Fair point, sir."

"So what is it? Any news?"

She hesitated for a second, a fact that did not go unnoticed by Frank. "Garrett and I are on our way to your house now, we should be there in about 5 minutes or so."

"What happened, Baker?"

"We've received an email, sir, with the subject line 'Listen Up Commissioner'. The email has a video attached."

He sighed and nodded to himself. "Very well Baker, I'll see you soon." He stood up and walked into the kitchen, steeling himself to update his children.

He had just gotten Henry and Linda to come to the dining room when the doorbell rang. Jamie answered it and invited Garrett Moore and Detective Baker into the house. They got right to business, sitting and standing around the dining table to watch the video together, their hearts lodged in their throats.

The recording began very shaky, but quickly stabilized and focused, settling on Emily. They all gasped at seeing her sitting on the floor with her hands tied behind her back around a pipe. The camera gave a little jerk, as the person filming appeared to gesture to Emily, and the teen nodded, cleared her throat, and began speaking.

"Hi everyone. Don't worry, I'm not hurt or anything. I'm okay," she paused and seemed to abruptly swallow before continuing, "for now."

"I, I don't know how much time I have to say this, but," she stopped speaking yet again, choking up with tears welling in her eyes. "I love you all so much. I really do, you're the best family I could ever ask for."