Fight Club

I didn't understand why people thought Leah and I were so similar. Sure we both had an attitude problem. But Leah's resulted in a fur, claws, and teeth while mine more likely caused flames to spontaneously burst from my hands. We were completely different. Yet as we sat in her car in the parking lot of the Cullen mansion I realized we were more similar than I had expected. She rested her forehead against the steering wheel and let out a deep sigh. She turned to me and looked me over. 

I wasn't dressed in the clothes I had arrived at the bonfire with. I was clean even though I had made quite the fall. I hoped Rosalie or Alice had been the ones to clean me up. I was now wearing a pair of sweatpants, a workout tank top, and a pair of tennis shoes that weren't mine. Leah smirked, putting her key in the ignition as she looked over at me. 

"Thank God for Alice." She muttered out as we left the vicinity of the Cullens. I looked incredulously at her. We didn't talk. She didn't berate me for making Seth cry. Or torching a tree. Or running away. Instead, she just stayed silent, her eyes on the road. Leah looked relaxed. I took in her appearance, her hair was thrown up in a tight ponytail and she wore the regular black sports bra and shorts. I couldn't tell if it was because of her weird wolfy body temp or the sun that began its attack on the town.

We pulled into a boxing gym. This was more my style. Dr. Beaumont had suggested I take up sports, boxing was a sport though I doubt Leah would let me get a hit on her. She wordlessly exited the vehicle and I followed. 

"Hey, Leah!" Came the joyful voice of the attendant who held out a fist to her.

She bumped her first with his, "Hey, Tyler." He pulled out a pair of boxing gloves and looked over at me. "She's my plus one." Tyler looked confused before she leaned over the counter slight. "Kendall's sister." He seemed to understand better than and pulled out another pair of gloves and a disposable mouth guard. I didn't say anything when he handed them to me. He let out a laugh landing Leah a flat pair with targets on the palms.

"Good luck." 

I needed it. Leah had brought me in the ring and ordered me around, handing me a hair tie I put my hair up before throwing the gloves on. "Put your hands up." I did as I was told and copied her movement. "Stand with your feet apart." She nodded as I let them go shoulder length. "Good, now stagger them." She adjusted my position with burning hands. Leah then mirrored what I thought I was doing and nodded to herself.

"You blew up?" Leah asked I nodded as talking didn't seem like it was going to be happening with the mouth guard stuffed in my face. "You were angry?" I nodded at her again as I tensed up. She put the flat gloves on. "You know how to hit, here are your targets, take it out on me."

I didn't hesitate to throw the first punch. Leah shook her head and ordered me around some more until a finally got it and I released everything. With each punch, I could feel the tension release from my shoulders and my body. Seth. Fire. Seth. Kendall. Seth. Leah. Seth. Pack. Seth. Shifter. Seth. Witch. Seth. Dreams. Seth. I didn't know how long we were in there but when we were done I was covered in sweat.

I paused and took off my gloves, Leah relaxed from her defensive stance and took hers off to. The mouth guard came out and I held it in my sweaty grimy hands. We exited the ring and sat on the bench as some weird buff guy and his trainer went up there. Leah threw me a water bottle that I practically chugged before sitting on a random mat. She held up an actual pair of gloves and slung them over her shoulder. I could see the sweat glistening off her body when she sat down next to me. 

"Feel better?" She asked me once I had finished gulping down the water. I shrugged.

"Stress wise yes, I don't know what I'm going to do about everything else," I told her. I looked at her until she finally looked back at me. Her eyes looked a little bit like Seth's. "Do you hate me?" I asked her as I pulled my knees closer to my warm body.