Got a Secret

Dr. Beaumont called. I could picture her sitting in her office, the lights bright and illuminating every cream shade and green plant she kept there. The smell of vanilla and lavender, they're calming. I could see her hair all tied up with little curly whisps. The regular blush dusting her cheeks. Bright eyes as dark as the midnight sky.

"Hi, Jo. It's Dr. Beaumont." I could hear her serious smile play on her face. I looked around at the group around me. Kendall and Leah were cuddling on the couch. Sue and Charlie were watching the football game. Seth was messing around in the kitchen, but when he heard the name of the doctor his head perked up.

Blue met brown and I ducked my head, running a hand through my bright red hair. "Yeah, give me a second," I mumbled out placing my hand on the receiver. Kendall looked at me with a raised brow. "It's the Doc, I'll be outside," I said rushing out of the house to the back door.

I didn't bother stopping at the porch and just kept going. It's impossible to keep a secret in their home and I wasn't about to have my therapy session on file in their minds.

"Hey, Doc," I mutter as I step through the trees. Brushing passed the branches and following the path.

"So, how have your training sessions with uh..."

"Benjamin," I supplied hearing her hum in response.

"Yes, the vampire."I could almost hear her nod as she tried to be easy going.

"It's good. I can summon fire while angry and control how high the flame gets via breathing," I had suddenly realized how pathetic my two days of training had been as my face flushed red.

Beaumont didn't think so and I could feel her bright smile, "That's great!"

My blush deepened at the praise and I stumbled. "I don't think so, I still can't summon one when I'm not angry," I grumbled out brushing past a bush. Beaumont let out a bark of a laugh.

"Jo, what did I say about recognizing your accomplishments."

"... That I should," I hesitated, "do it?" I could feel her raised eyebrow and piercing gaze. I could also feel her holding back an exasperated sigh.

"Yes."

"Okay, fine I'm a fan-fricking-tastic flame thrower thing," I exclaimed in a faux excited tone. Slightly tripping over a branch. I was just grateful she didn't say anything about it.

"Great, that's progress. And it's witch, Jo," she informed. I paused.

"I mean, what's the point of calling myself a witch if I can't even cast a spell," I grumbled to her.

"Has Carlisle not told you?" Questioned Beaumont. I raised an eyebrow at the questioned and stopped at a strangely placed weeping willow. I ducked beneath the branches and sat down at the base of the tree. "Johannah, has Carlisle not told you?" She repeated, sounding rushed.

"That I'm a witch, yes."

I could picture her shaking her head, dark brown curls flying as she brought a hand up to her head. "Jo, do you know anything about your father's family?'

Huh, with the red hair I completely just assumed it was my mom's side of the family that would be the elementals. "Uh, no?" I could hear her shaky breath.

"Jo, you need to see me as soon as possible."

"What? Why?" I snapped, looking through the willow tree to see a wolf staring at me.

Fucking Clearwaters.

"It's important you know. I promise as soon as you get to Seattle I'll let you know," Beaumont promised and with a click, the call had ended with a question posed on my lips.