Chapter 5- Six weeks in!

"Unless there was a text or email sent I'm not dressing up for Halloween next week." You said firmly into your phone, "But (y/n)!" The person on the other end responded, "I found such a cool costume for you to wear!" They whined, "Sorry Hanji, unless they say so I can't. Besides I'm going to your party, I'll wear the costume then." You said, "Aww. Fine. Anyways, what's new in your life?" You yawned and stretched, "Well Jean lent me his copy of Portal 2 so I kind of stayed up playing it. Rize got in on the fun so we played until 5 am then passed out." You said, "Oh? Jean lent you his favorite game?~" she said with a smirk you could hear, unfortunately you were so blissfully innocent, "Yes? I plan to give it back tomorrow when I go in for work." You said, "Mhmm! Interesting! HEY SHORTY I GOT SOMETHING JUICY TO TELL YOU!" She yelled away from the phone, "Well I gotta go and film! I'll definitely text you while your in class so expect it!" She said and hung up the phone, "Wonder what that was about?..." You thought out loud.

You stretched once again and stood up, "Hey, Rize. What do you want for breakfast?" You asked and nudged your room mate, "Mmm? Uh... Dunno. Pancakes? If we have the mix that is." She replied groggily, you went to check the pantry and sure enough you did have the mix. "Pancakes it is then!" You said happily and mixed the batter and heated a pan on the stove, a little while later the two of you were munching happily on the fluffy food of lumberjacks. When you finished eating you checked your phone, "Well, I should be getting ready for class." You said and took both of your plates to the sink, Rize let you get ready and cleaned up since you cooked. Once you were dressed you packed your classwork and told Rize good bye and went to your car.

You drove to the other side of the campus parking lot and went to class, today you took a test in one class and got lectured in another. So basically the day was boring, when you got back you noticed Rize had gone to her classes so you had the dorm to yourself. You checked your phone and sure enough, Hanji texted you, so did Levi, Jean, Eren, Mikasa, and almost everyone. Each of their texts had a similar message with the exception of Levi: that you could wear a costume for Halloween. Levi's however said, "I know I normally say don't trust Hanji with dressing people up but she does have a kick ass outfit planned for you. Also what do you plan on doing this afternoon?" You looked at your phone confused but replied, "Probably getting this costume from Hanji, maybe hang out with my room mate. Why?" A few minutes later your phone buzzed with his response, "Because she's trying to get me to go with her to a costume store. Invite me over so I don't have to go?" You chuckled, "I've been saving you from the clutches of the Scientist for too long. You are on your own! Sorry! ☺️" you replied, you knew he would kill you later but you wanted some time for yourself, BZZZT! "...Why would you do this to me I thought you liked me..." You laughed at his comment, he was like a needy kitten, "I do but I've already made plans!" You replied, "YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME (Y/N)!" You shook your head and grinned, "I guess so, anyways I have to go, my room mate's back!" You said, "Hey, Rize!" You chirped, she dropped her stuff at the door and yawned, "Afternoon!" She said and laid down on a sofa, "Wanna have another video game session? I have nowhere to be and we haven't finished co-op." You said, she nodded, "Get the soda. We're finishing this."

BZZT! BZZT! "Mmm..." BZZT! BZZT! WHACK! "Ow!" You opened your eyes to see someone calling you... At three am. You answered before you looked to see who was calling you at such early hours, "Hello?..." You answered groggily, "(y-y/n)?..." The voice on the other end sounded soft and upset, you immediately sat up and checked to see who it was.

"Hanji what's wrong?"