Chapter 12- Five months in!

Everyone was shocked, "I never guessed it could have been her..." One voice said, another piped up, "At least they finally got her. Now we don't have to worry about everyone's things disappearing." You listened as you were sat down, 'How did this happen?..." You thought quietly. How indeed?...

*Going back to earlier that day*

You happily hummed to yourself as you walked through the studio, today was actually a good day, despite the still occurring disappearances. You got all of your homework done and the Director needed some extra people on set and you got to be an extra on the show! All in all it was pretty great! You started back to the Lounge, on the way there you heard your name be called and turned to see who it was, "Hey, Melody! What's up?" You asked her, "Nothing really. I want to warn you though, if you're going to the Lounge I thought I saw a rat in there so you might not want to go in there right now." She said, "I'll take that to mind but I have to go get my things from in there." You said and continued towards the hangout, "W-Wait! If it bites you, you could get rabies!" She cried and chased after you, "I'm sure it'll be fine. The thing is probably more scared of us then we are of it." You said and walked in, on the floor you saw something quite familiar to you. The Director's laptop, "Strange... I don't remember him leaving this here..." You said, Melody walked in and stood by you, "Isn't that the Director's?" She asked, "Yeah, it is. The person behind all of the disappearances probably forgot it in here." You replied, "We should return it to him then, before they come back for it." She suggested, you nodded and picked up the technology, Melody unlocked her phone and appeared to send a text to the Director and she checked it a moment later, "He's in the back of the building. Apparently that's where they're having a meeting." She said and walked with you to the back area.

Melody walked in front of you since you weren't very familiar with this area, you both walked up to a door, "I think it's here. It's been a little while since I've been back here so it's either here or the next room, since you're kind of a favorite so would you mind checking?" She asked, "I can hold the laptop for you while you open the door." She said, you hesitated for a moment but handed it over and opened the door, suddenly you felt a force hit you and it went dark as you hear a door close behind you, "MELODY?!" You yelled an banged on the door, you saw a shadow behind the door turn and leave, you got your phone and used it a a light and turned the closet light on, it was the janitorial closet, you opened your phone and checked the battery life, 4% enough to make a call, you went to the contacts and called the Director, you tried to tell him where you were but the call cut out. You sat against a wall and watched the door, awaiting a rescue. You closed your eyes and sat in an uncomfortable silence, before you knew it you dozed off.

"Mmf... Wha?..." You opened your eyes groggily to a sudden brightness, before your eyes could adjust you felt a sudden force grab you and embrace you, "Thank goodness you're okay..." A voice mumbled into your hair, you looked up at a familiar face, "Hey Jean..." You said sleepily, the said guy helped you up and looked you over, "How are you feeling? You're not hurt?" You chuckled and pecked hi cheek, "Just fine. A little tired but I'm fine." He gave you a relieved smile and nodded, "Good, let's get you back, everyone's been looking for you." You took his hand in yours, "Sorry for not calling, my phone died." You explained, "Don't worry about it! You're okay and that's all that counts." He said and the two of you eventually found your way back to the main part of the studio, you saw relieved faces and got a tackle-hug from Hanji, once everything was settled the Director came up to you and asked you the same questions Jean did and you gave the same reply, "Did you get the laptop?" He nodded, "Yes, we were able to stop her in time." You nodded and Jean walked you over to sit down on a nearby chair, you over heard mumbling and whispers about what had happened.

'How did this happen?...'