Cнα⅊тɛʀ 21 (edited)

Nora's P.O.V

The Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas, that’s where he’d taken me, another hotel which was a complex skyscraper building with very little windows but tons of reinforced steel. Personally, I thought there was no creativity with the architecture, but Las Vegas seemed to follow a trend of using neon lights to make it more magical and regardless, you could still tell it was an expensive place. After all Elijah only ever spent his money in places that recognised him as powerful, if they weren’t expensive, they weren’t worthy of his time.

“We’ll be heading to Twist, it’s a restaurant here that’s renowned for their French cuisine”, Elijah informed me as he drove into the underground parking space.

“What are we doing here?” I asked him.

“I’ll tell you more once we’ve settled in and ordered some food, Miss Nora.”

Although I wasn’t up to detail about certain parts of Las Vegas, a quick google search showed me that Twist was known for its three Michelin star chef, Pierre Gagnaire, and an exciting palate of food that offered traditional French cooking with a signature modern twist, hence the name of the restaurant.

On the outside, the restaurant was situated on the twenty-third floor, supposedly the sky lobby, so once we’d parked in the underground space we headed straight for the elevator. Elijah subtly placed his arm on the lower part of my back and guided me towards the parting doors before we stepped in and travelled all the way up in silence. I didn’t shuffle away from him as quite frankly I liked the touch he was providing me and who knew why he himself had made such a daring move towards me, my boss usually kept his distance.

The doors opened after a good few minutes and the sight before me made me stand still in awe and amazement. The dining room featured a view of the Las Vegas strip through floor-to-ceiling glass windows. There were small glass bulbs floating throughout the dining room like little bottles of champagne and a staircase was situated in front of the restaurant which led to the second-story wine cellar. I could see inside the cellar since it was lined with glass windows and show cased expensive tastes to add to the food you could order. On each table were beautifully decorated purple and white flowers alongside a full assortment of cutlery and different glasses.

All in all, the decoration here wasn’t overly in your face, it was just enough to give a side of elegance and sophistication whilst providing more attention to the food.

“Mr Elijah Cooper here with Miss Nora Jones. I ordered a table for two earlier”, Elijah spoke to one of the attendants waiting near the front. He had made his way forward, leaving me behind to squalor in loss. Where the woman was standing, was a booth area where she could check the logs and reservations of the people attending. The woman looked up from her tablet before she smiled, typed away on the keyboard and then grabbed some menus and complimentary breadsticks.