☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 28 ☆

Nora's P

Nora's P.O.V

I wake up and went straight to check my phone. I saw lots of people have messaged me. But I was sad because Jane didn't text or called me. Maybe she would do it later. I had told Elijah last night that I will not be able to come today because I have some other work to do. I didn't tell him about my birthday because I didn't want him to know or anyone else from my office. I wash my mouth and take a bath. I open my cupboard and took out my favourite floral printed dress. I quickly wear that and tie my hair into a ponytail. The smell of pancakes was all over my room, yes mom is making pancakes. I ran downstairs.

"Happy birthday sweety" said mom. She placed the pancakes in front of me. I hug mom and pour syrup all over the pancakes. The more the better.

"My girl is so grown up" my mom said. I laugh at her comment. She said that every year. Obviously I am not that little Nora anymore. But I guess I will be always little for mom. I was checking my phone, I was searching for Jane's message. She didn't wish me. She never does that.

"Nina is coming and she said that she has drawn you and she got succeed" said mom. Wow,Nina got succeed for the first time. I am excited to see my drawing. It's going to be funny. I couldn't wait anymore and text Jane.

Nora: Hey, I guess you are forgetting something.

She was offline so I didn't get a response. What is she doing? I know she is back home again. I scroll through my social media and saw most of my high school friends and college friends. They have wished me, except Jane. I guess she might have forgotten.

I went to my room. I started watching a movie. My mom was baking a cake for me. After an hour my sister came. The drawing was not accurate but some features were close to my face.

"Love it, thank you" I said to Nina with a smile.

"Yes, it took me an hour" she said. She was jumping around. She was excited to try the cake. I laugh at her. The whole day was kinda fun. But I was sad because of Jane. It was evening. I was scrolling through shopping websites. I wanted a new dress and a phone cover. Suddenly my mom knock on my door.

"Sweety, Jane is here" she said and left. What? I am damn sure she forgot my birthday and now she wants to say sorry. I quickly ran downstairs. She was wearing a black dress with a rose bouquet on her hand. She had a crooked smile on her face. I didn't say anything. I had a angry look on my face. She handed over me the bouquet. I cleared my throat.

"You think I forgot your birthday? Well I didn't surprise, party at Bembe, get ready" she said. She was energized. I didn't thought she would arrange my party at a bar. Well she never did it before, so that was new. I hugged her. At least she remembered it. She forcefully send me to change my dress. I went to my room and change my dress into a red flowy frock. I let my hair fall on my shoulder. I apply some light makeup. Jane was calling me. Why didn't she said me an hour before? She is so lazy. I took my purse and went downstairs. My mom already knew and I was shocked because she didn't told me about it. Jane didn't tell her that we are going to a bar. I said goodbye to my mom and Nina and then left the house with Jane. She was excited and proud of herself. She said that, she was jumping to surprise me till the morning. She had also selected all of my favourite songs to play. I guess I am going to be heavily drunk tonight. It's going to be fun. We call an Uber. Jane was blabbering about her romance life the whole ride. We reach after an hour.

The club was open for all people, they just booked the DJ and arranged some foods. That's going to be more fun, the more people the more fun. If this was me 6 years ago, I would have hated this place. I used to hate crowd because I was introvert but now I am ambivert. I guess People changes with time. Jane talk to the bouncer and he let us in. People were dancing and drinking. The song was loud.

"Ok wait here, let me announce" she said and left. I couldn't even stop her. I saw, Jane went closer to the DJ. The song stop. She must have told him.

"Hey guys, today Nora's birthday and she wants to enjoy this day to her fullest, let's have a clap for Nora Jones" she said. The spotlight fell on me. It feels like I am in a movie. People started clapping. The DJ start the song again and people went back to their work. I was kind of uncomfortable. Jane ask the Dj to play my favourite song.

"Hey, enjoy! What are you waiting for? Let's have fun" said Jane. She handed me a glass of beer. Yeah, I have nothing to loose. Today is my day and I don't give a shit to people, not even Elijah. I shove the drink in my mouth. We start dancing. The smell of sweat was everywhere. I saw some people making out. I took another glass of beer. I can be in control, I had only two glass of beer. It is fine. After two hours, we got tired so we settle down. Jane started scrolling through her phone.

"Hey, Landon is here, I am coming back in a minute, wait" said Jane. She disappeared in the crowd. I felt a little scared. I was all alone. Jane will be here soon, don't worry, I said to myself. I went closer to a corner. I took couple of shots. I saw a guy staring at me. I quickly started gazing at my phone. I try to call Jane but she didn't pick it up. Where did she go? I guess I was drunk. I started seeing everything vivid, my sight was fading. I try to open my eyes widely. Ugh. I took too much drinks. I push through the crowd in search for Jane. I got furious. Where the hell did she go? Unfortunately I didn't had Landon's phone number. It was kinda suffocating inside so i exited the club. I didn't know what happened with my emotions but I started crying. Ugh, that's why I hate drinking. I was little conscious about my surroundings. My emotions gets mixed up. I took out my phone and thought to call mom. I started seeing vividly. I think I was going to faint. I quickly call mom.

"He..llo I..I am drunk...ugggh..help me...come at Bembe, I think I am going to faint...ahh..I don't..k..know whe..re Jane went" I said. I was in a very bad condition. But it was odd, my mom said nothing. I hold onto the pole beside me and stare at the call history. Oh no, I accidentally called Elijah. How the heck i can do that? No it's a dream. Wake up Nora. Why am i so dumb?