☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 35 ☆

Nora's P

Nora's P.O.V

"Mom..mom I am here" my voice was cracking. I couldn't speak properly. She was not able to breath. The doctors tried their best. I was sitting beside my mom. "Mom you cannot leave me and Nina, we need you" I said. I don't even know if she was hearing me. The heart rate moniter was going crazy at first but then it became slow. Jane and my grandmother was standing behind me. They were also crying. I cannot even talk to her for once. I will loose her forever.

Flashbacks,

"Mom why you do that. I know you wanted to go" I said. She turned towards me with a smile. She always does that. She always sacrifice herself for me.

"Sweety, it's ok. I can go later but you should have fun and forget about me" she said. How can I forgot? She wanted to go to the soccer match so bad, but I also wanted to go. There was only one ticket and she suddenly don't want to go anymore. I know my mom. She would do anything for my happiness. I run towards her and hug her tight.

"You are the best mom in this whole world" I said. She started laughing.

End of flashbacks.

The heart rate monitor start beeping. It's a noise that let you know that the heart is not beating anymore. She was not breathing. "She's dead, Jane she is dead" I said with a cracking voice. Jane put her hand on my shoulder. It feels like someone was carving a big hole in my heart. It was empty, it feels so empty.

Nothing can escape the clutches of death, from the smallest organisms to the largest animals. No matter if it takes a second or some years, there is always an end to everything and that's how I loose the precious person in my life. To be precise the only person in my life except Nina. My heart was broken into million pieces. Nina was crying too but she was too young to understand this stuffs. We can lie to her about this and eventually she would forget everything.

I went straight into depression. I knew I was depressed. The only thought I was getting is that, it was my fault, I could have save my mom. I should kill myself because I cannot do anything right. I am a coward. Dr. Arthur was also sad. He was hugging my mom's lifeless body. I cannot blame him. He was crying so much that his eyes turn red. Jane was comforting me. I felt a hole inside my chest. The hole which will never fulfill.

We came back home. The body was sent home for the relatives and family members to say their last goodbye, before the funeral. We have a tons of family members but they only appears during an occasion or if someone died. You cannot find this family creatures when you actually need them. They will only tell 'i am sorry for your loss'. They don't even know how sad I was. At least 5 to 6 people have told me the same old thing. I was fade up. I was expecting to see my dad but I had too much high expectations. He would never come if I died too.

I was walking towards the small garden when I smelled a familiar scent. It was that same lilies. That same lily smell which I got in a bouquet and that letter. It was from an anonymous person. I turn around in search for the smell. There were many people around. Who could it be? I am not sure if that's the same person who had sent me that bouquet. Anybody can have a lily smell, right? It must be a perfume and it was strong. No I am not wrong. It was the same exact smell. I was standing their like a fool when someone put a hand on my shoulder. I quickly turn around and saw Jane with a worried look on her face.

"Hey you ok? If you want anything just let me know" said Jane. Jane is only person to stay beside me still now. She was always checking on me. She thought that i might do something stupid and hurt myself. Little did she know I was just an inch away from ending it all.

"I am fine, are you leaving so soon?" I asked with a sad face.

"Yes I have to go but I am always their for you never think that you are alone" said Jane. She gave me an assuring look. I know she will be their but she cannot take away the pain. It was hurting so bad. There was no physical pain just the mental one. Sometimes mental pain can hurt much more worst than the physical pain. Jane hugged me and left. If only I could stop the time. I looked at everyone. The environment was dark and gloomy. There was something negative about it.

My eyes filled with tears. I was feeling lonely. I was having all sorts of bad thoughts. One part of me was scared and another part was broken and depressed. I was continuously thinking what will happened after all this people are gone? I will be alone. I would have no one to care for me or care about for. I cannot even take care of Nina. The condition I was in was worst and this will put a bad influence on Nina. I don't want Nina to suffer because of me. She will forget about this after some days and then she would be busy with her school. She would be happy if she stayed with grandparents. I rub off my tears. I cannot be a sad little girl.

"Hello Nora" I looked up and it was uncle Steven. I was already sad and looking at his face makes me more miserable. What is he doing here? He used to hate my mom. He is worst than my dad. His face makes me puke. I want him to stay away from my mom. My mom would never want him to be near her. I didn't said anything to him. I was showing the disgust look on my face.

"You grow up so much, your mom must have been proud of you" said uncle Steven. I know that my mom was proud of me, he don't have to tell me that.

"Did Lucas pick up your calls? I guess not" he said raising an eyebrow. Wait, how did he know that I called my dad? How? I am confused. He came closer to me and whisper into my ear. "Take rest, you look awful" it sent shivers down my spine. He was acting super weird. But how did he know that I was calling my dad? Suddenly that same lily smell hit my nose and I know where it was coming from. Uncle Steven glanced at me and left. It was him. He was the anonymous person.