☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 47 ☆

Nora's P

Nora's P.O.V

Mark's apartment was small but beautiful. The interior was modern and beautifully decorated. I loved the ambience. Nina was feeling tired so she went to sleep.

"Thank you for letting us stay here, we  will be on our way tomorrow" I said. I really owe him.

"You can stay as long as you want, I just did what I thought would be good to do at that moment" said Mark. He is a good guy. I don't want him to suffer because of me. He made some coffee and hand it over to me. It was overly sweet, he definitely have a sweet tooth.

"Let me show you my favourite place of this room" he said. I smiled. He had some fake plants and cactus. I saw some pictures hanging on the wall, the pictures were with his family and his soccer team. I didn't know he play soccer.

"You play soccer?" I asked. He laughed.

"No, I used to play when i was in high school, it was a fun time back then" he said. Yeah, I wish I could go back to being a teenager. Those days were so much fun and I miss it. I didn't had to think about anything, I was a fucking careless amd dumb child.

"So what you want to show me?" I asked. He must be an art lover, he had many arts on the wall in every room. Good arts are generally expensive. He can be a collector too. Well I cannot draw anything, I draw like a two year old. Mark took me to his balcony. When he removed the curtains, I was shocked to see the scenery. Yes, we were on the tenth floor, the scenery was awesome from up here. Every house were looking like doll houses. It was dark outside so the lightings were very beautiful. Chill wind was blowing, I took a sip from my coffee. It feels so nice, I will miss this so much.

"This is so beautiful" I said.

"Yeah right, I love this place and I come here when I don't feel good" said Mark. Yeah, I mean this place can make anyone feel amazing and with this coffee it's double awesome.

"So is it difficult to stay alone?" I asked with a smile. I have no experience of staying alone except sleepovers party at Jane's house. The madness we used to do was unbearable. I remember, we used to prank call unknown people from the internet. It was so much fun and weird at the same time. I would never able to live alone because I am paranoid all the time and scared of ghost. I watched 'Conjuring' and 'The Shinning' and I couldn't sleep for some days, I am such a pussy. Moreover, I cannot even cook properly except pasta and ready made pack noodles. I sighed.

"It's not difficult except some times, I kinda like to stay alone" he said. Staying alone have lots of advantages but also difficult.

"Nice, what can you cook? Do not even ask me I am not a good cook" I said. I started laughing but Mark looked uncomfortable with the question. I guess he is also a bad cook.

"I..I actually, I don't cook, my boyfriend cook for me when he visits me and other day I order food from outside"  he said. I saw his cheeks turned red, he was feeling embarassed. I was not at all shocked or anything because I think everyone has a right to live even if they are gay or lesbian. I support them. I can tell Mark was really awkward with this topic. I put my hand on his to comfort him.

"It's ok, you don't have to be embarassed, I can understand" I said.

"Actually some people react oddly, I am bisexual by the way and my boyfriend is a really good chef, he loves to make food for me" he said with a big smile across his face. I laughed. That's great, specially if you can't cook like me.

"So as I can't cook, I have already ordered pizza for dinner, untill it arrives let's watch some movies" he said. I nod as a sign of agreement. I sat on the black leather couch, he switch on his television. Mark ran towards his kitchen and brought some popcorn and soda. He is so funny and goofy. He played a movie named 'Mudbound' on Netflix. It was a historical drama, I am not a big fan of historical drama but it was going good. I am more into fantasy and romantic movies.

After few minutes, there was a knock on the door. "It must be the pizza delivery guy" said Mark. He get up and left. The movie was good but kinda boring so I started scrolling through my social media. I was really tired, I need to sleep and take some rest. I hope Nina is not angry on me, she is growing up and she needs to understand some stuffs. It was taking pretty long for Mark to come back so I stood up and walk towards the door to check on him when I heard his screaming. Something was wrong. I quickly ran towards the noise. A guy was covering Mark's mouth with his hand and he had a knife on his other hand on Mark's neck. I was terrified by the scene. Mark was mumbling something. I scanned the room to find anything which is helpful. I heard Nina's voice, oh no she must be awake. This is not good. I saw a wrench near me. I don't know how to grab it. I cannot do anything stupid. I need to act without thinking. I made my hand into a fist and punch the guy in front of me. It didn't even put a  scratch on him. Suddenly someone hit me from the back and everything start fading away. I felt dizzy and the whole room was spinning. Then I fall down and everything turns black.