☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 34 ☆

Nora's P

Nora's P.O.V

It's been three days since I spoke to Elijah. He is ignoring me. My mom's condition is getting horrible and there is nothing I could do. Elijah know something and I need to know it. He can ignore me forever but he have to tell me about the truth. I reach the office. I know I said I am quitting but as Elijah is ignoring me I think I can only find him here. I enter the office and most of the workers turned their gaze towards me. Some of them were whispering. They must be talking about my mother's condition. Anna was also there. She was giving me a disgusting look. I think nobody knows that I quit the job. I know about the contract but Elijah seems to don't care about it anymore. Then I saw Naomi. She had a concern look on her face. She came closer to me and hug me.

"Be strong Nora, we all are with you" said Naomi. I gave her a smile. I need to talk to Elijah.

"Can I see Elijah? It's urgent" I asked. Naomi let go of my hand and nod. I quickly ran towards the elevator and press 8th floor. As soon as I arrive, I knock on the door. I heard Elijah, he told me to get in. He didn't know that it was me. When I enter the room I saw Elijah with his same old grumpy look. He didn't had that sweet look anymore. I was kinda scared. He looked like he was angry. But I am not going to go away unless I get my answers. I slowly move closer. When he saw me he looked shocked but then started smirking. What is so funny? He is a big problem. I hate him so much. It's like he loves it when people hate him. But I cannot deny his looks, he was looking handsome with that navy blue button down shirt and a loosely hanging tie. His hair was a bit messy. He always have a perfect hair style but today he looked different. Maybe he is under a lot of pressure. No, Nora it's not the time to feel bad for him, i said to myself.

"I thought you quit. Then what are you doing here?" Said Elijah. Those words hurt. I never thought he would say it like that. Did he really forgot about the contract? I think he always wanted a reason to fire me. He never wanted me. It was all an act. He will always be the bad guy. It's like he don't even know me anymore. How can he act like that with me? He knows that I am not in that mood. He loves his ego more than anything.

"I want some answers, after that you don't have to see my face ever again" I said. He raise his left eyebrow. He started laughing. Did he think that I am joking? I know he is playing with me at this point.

"You cannot run from your problems, running will only make it worst" said Elijah. What was he talking about? What problem? He is so difficult to understand some times. His expression change. He was no more that cold hearted bastard. He looked hurt.

"Listen I don't want a twisted game, do you know where is my dad? I am sure you know" I asked. He was staring outside the huge window. If he don't have an answer then my dad will have. If I could find my dad I would eventually know everything.

"Ok fine, I am not going  anywhere unless you tell me something" I said. I take the chair and settle down. He didn't look at me for once. Maybe he was giving me a silent treatment. If he is going to be stubborn them so am i.

After few minutes he sigh. He was getting irritated. I will make him irritated untill he stop being an egoist maniac. He stare at me. His pale blue eyes stare into mine. He stood up and sit in front of me. For a second I thought he was going to throw me outside. But to my surprise he hold my hands. It made me nervous. It look like he was going to kiss me but he didn't. It kinda hurt me, I don't know why he didn't tell me how he feel about me? I know it's completely an idiotic question to ask right now.He would definitely never like me. But for once.

"Go Nora, your mom needs you the most right now. Don't waste time or you might regret it later" he said. I never thought he would say something like that. I thought he was heartless with no emotion except when he is drunk. But whatever he is thinking is wrong. My mom will be fine and I know it. Nothing will happened to her. She is a survivor. He was making me more miserable than already I was.

"You know what? You will always be a piece of shit" I said. I get away from him and leave the room. He deserves a pathetic life. I took the elevator and walk out of the lobby. I don't even want to stay here. He is the worst. Some people glance at me but I ignore them. My problem is that I have given attention to so many people in my life and now I am regretting it. Ugh, how did I end up like this? I am so alone. Suddenly my phone rang. It was Jane. She was with my mom. I told her to go home but she stayed. At least I have a best friend. I smile with that thought. I pick up the call.

"Nora...come to the hospital right now. Rose needs you..Nor..Nora sh..she is dying.." said Jane. She was crying and her voice was cracking. I was froze on my track. I didn't know what to do. Should I go to her? Or should I run away so that I could never see her again? I was a pathetic daughter. I started crying.

At the end of the day, when your hope died, you died too. You sunk into the pool of guilty. You start to think maybe it was your fault that someone died. You only see the darkness. But my mom used to say "Sweety, when you think you are falling down, always try to get up and you will see the light". She was right. I also saw the light with it's white wings touching the clouds and a smile just like an angel. He came to protect me.