☆Cнα⅊тɛʀ 44 ☆

Nora's P

Nora's P.O.V

I quickly wake up, it was an awful nightmare. I saw someone was stabbing me over and over again with so much rage that I cannot even explain. I slowly get up from the bed. I remember last night and started blushing. I don't even want to see Elijah's face today. I don't know what he is thinking or whatever. I just don't want him to think that I am some girl who he can fuck and leave. Well it was my choice in the first place but ugh stop thinking about it. I tie my hair into a ponytail and walk towards the bathroom. I brush my teeth and then change my clothes into a casual wear. Oh shit, Nina had to go to school today. After my mom died, I asked for a special request to the principal for Nina to stay at home for some time and she agreed. Nina will be late if she didn't wake up, her vacation is over. I quickly ran towards her room, it was empty. She was not in her room. I ran downstairs. She was not in the living room nor in the kitchen. I saw Lila, Nina mostly like to stay with Lila.

"Hey, where is Nina? Today she had to go to school, I don't want her to be late" I said.

"Oh she has already left for school, Fredrik will drop her, she is a sincere child, reminds me of mine" said Lila. I don't believe Nina left. She didn't hesitate to go to school. I guess she got bored staying here all day, after all everyone needs a change. Lila seems to love Nina's company.

"What you mean by that? Nina reminds you of your child?" I asked. Lila looked sad. Maybe I shouldn't have ask that but I was curious.

"I had a daughter, she died long time ago and Nina just remind me of her" she said. Oh no. I didn't know. I thought that her child must be somewhere else and she missed her.

"Oh I am so sorry" I said.

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. Oh no it's already 9 o'clock, I have to do my work" said Lila. I look at the clock. I cannot be late, I have to go to Little Collins. But I cannot go alone.

"Um, Is Elijah still home or did he left?" I asked to Lila. She turned her gaze towards me.

"Yeah he left, why? Did you do something? He was searching for you but I said that you are still sleeping" said Lila. He was searching for me? I guess he wanted to talk about last night. It was a mistake. Good, that he left. I don't need him. But I need someone, I don't want to go alone and die. I am scared, specially after that horrible nightmare. I called Jane. Maybe she can come with me, after her break up with Landon she is not herself anymore. I wish I could help her but I need help myself. I called three times but she didn't pick it up. Where are you Jane when I need you? I was getting tense and frustrated. I am not dumb to go alone. I called Mark. He is the only person I can trust  now. After ringing for two times he picked it up. I didn't tell him the reason about our meeting, I don't want anyone to know about it. I told Mark to meet me at Little Collins, directly.

I took a pepper spray with me in case something goes wrong. I was paranoid mostly. As I was leaving the house, Lila called me.

"You cannot leave, Elijah told me to keep an eye on you and do not let you out" said Lila. What? Is he serious? I am not some kid. Keep an eye on me? This is bullshit.

"Hey please I need to go, I cannot stay here forever. It's suffocating, I will be home soon" I said. Lila sighed. She looked unhappy.

"Ok fine, I am not so cruel to take away your freedom but get back before evening, I don't want to see angry Elijah roaming around" said Lila and winked at me. I smiled at her and left the house. I already had booked an Uber. I get inside the car; I told the driver about the location. It seems pretty far. I hope I get back home before evening. The sky was clear and  beautiful. I have been out after so many days. It feels good.

After some hours I reached the location. It was a huge, modern Café. The door was made of clear glass, so you could see everything from outside. There were good amount of people around, which is good. At least if I scream people can hear me. I didn't went inside but instead I waited for Mark. After few minutes, I saw a white Ford car. I saw Mark getting out of the driver's seat. He was wearing a black shirt with ripped jeans. I don't even know who is this unknown guy? How will I find him?

"So, are we gonna stand here?" Asked Mark.

"No, we get inside but don't leave my side, ok. This guy is very dangerous as I told you" I said.

"Was he your ex or something? Wanted some revenge" Said Mark.

"What? No. He is just a business partner and no i am not working with Elijah anymore" I said. He didn't said anything after that. We slowly get inside the Café. My heart was beating faster, I was nervous and anxious. As I enter, I saw two couples, a group and a lonely women. I don't think anyone of them was that unknown dude, they don't look ferocious. I saw a waiter coming towards us.

"Are you Nora Jones?" He asked. I simply nod.

"Follow me" he said. we followed him. I was scared because he was taking us somewhere behind the Café. I don't even know this place. Who can it be?
The place was dimly lighted. There were two guys one with a long hoodie covering his face and another one buff with a shotgun in his hand. I don't think they will kill us, it's just for scaring people. I saw Mark's face, he looked pretty scared. We slowly walk towards the guy. I saw drugs and alcohol everywhere on the table. Are they some kind of drug dealers? I guess I am in trouble.

"I told you not to bring anyone with you" said the buff looking guy. Well I didn't wanted to die. This place is scary. I just need answers and then I will be on my way.

"It's ok, let him stay, by the way what is your name, handsome?" Said the hooded guy. I couldn't understand if he was angry or just flirting with Mark. Mark's face turned pale.

"I..I mean, my name is Mark" said Mark. This dude is definately a psychopath.

"Ok, please take this gentleman away and keep him safe somewhere" said the hooded guy. The waiter took Mark  away. I hope they don't kill him. I cannot wait anymore.

"So are you going to tell me whatever you know about my mother's killer or are you just having fun" I said with anger in my tone.

"Well both. Tell me where are you staying? You left your house and now I don't how to track you" he said. What? How did he know that? I guess he is some kind of stalker.

"I think you don't know anything, you are just wasting my time" I said. He started laughing.

"You are in my place, sit down or Julius will shoot you" he said. Julius was the buff guy with that shotgun, pointed in my direction.

"Well I forgot to introduce myself, bad manners. Hi, I am Ben" he said.