Stars Aligned

Finally after searching for him for two long years, I saw him. Standing in front of me in flesh. His sweet face and loving eyes pierced my heart. It had been so long since I saw my reflection in those beautiful eyes.

I ran towards him and instinctively he moved forward to hold me closer. I was safe now. Wrapped up in his arms, my hand entwined behind him, I closed my eyes and inhaled. It seemed as if I was given a dose of oxygen after being suffocated for so long.

"How?"
"How did you manage to find me today?" I choked.
"I got on a wrong train. But it brought me to my destination."
Saying this he leaned his head forward and I lost myself in him.

We sat down on the lush green grass, facing each other. He held onto my hands securely. I was afraid to blink and my heart was pounding. What if this is a dream? A beautifully heartbreaking dream? I never want to wake up now. He must have realised this, because he softly pressed his fingertips to my cheek.
"Don't worry my love. I am here to stay."

Breaking my stare somehow, I managed to blink. And with that, the tears started ebbing.
His brows creased as he hurried to wipe them off.
"What happened? What is it tell me."

"I missed you." I said in a raspy voice with blurry eyes. He smiled. Then it turned into a frown.
"Shhh... I am here now. You are safe. We are together. There's nothing to worry."

I knew he would never make a promise he could not keep. So I trusted him.
"There's nothing to worry." I repeated.