Games

The red beams hover over our chests. Ri Jeong Hyeok raises both his hands up. We follow his lead.

"We are unarmed. Return the child. This is not his battle. You have a problem with us so deal with us. Not an innocent kid please." Ri Jeong says cautiously, without moving an inch.

The red laser beams move away from our chests. I let my arms fall down and sign in relief.

But the laser beams start climbing upon us again. My breath is stuck in my throat again. This is insanity. They are teasing us with death!

The guns are now pointed at our foreheads.

Ri Jeong Hyeok is now as still as a statue while Mr. Lee is heaving with silent cries. Meanwhile I feel as if I'm being choked. I have to do something now otherwise none of us will come out alive. I will have to give a try to save everyone I can.

"Go Sang-Ah, don't be a coward. Stop hiding behind the shadows. If you are so bent on taking revenge why don't you at least look me in the eyes before asking your hunch men to pull the trigger.!" I shout with as much strength as I can muster.

That woman will never see me scared or broken. I will not be defeated so easily.

A thin voice cackled from the darkness.
"You can die at moment yet you are bitchy enough to challenge me. What a fool you are Se-Ri."

Go Sang-Ah. So she is hiding in the dark. Very well. I glance towards Ri Jeong Hyeok ssi. His eyes were penetrating deep within the darkness to figure out the location where her voice was coming from. He nodded at me slightly.

I must keep talking to her. There is some echo in the warehouse but maybe if she spoke a bit longer, we can zero down her location.

"Why are you hiding then if you are so sure I am going to die? Come out of your hiding hole you snake." I snap at her. This vile woman crazed for money has crossed all limits now. If I die I to tonight, I will do everything in my power to take her down with me. I will deal with her in hell.

"Shut your mouth Se-Ri and I might spare the child's life. Keep talking and the first bullet will be fired through his head."

Mr. Lee fell to his feet. "No! Please. No. I beg of you. Take me instead. Spare my child. I will do anything. Spare my child please." Wailed Mr. Lee, tears strewn across his face and hands joined in front of him, begging this monster for his child.

"How dare you speak to me you vermin. Your child is in trouble because of your own mistakes. If you had not tattled to Se-Ri, he might have been with you by now."

"But wasn't this a part of your plan Go Sang-Ah?" Asked Ri Jeong Hyeok softly. "For him to tattle to us?"

Go Sang-Ah laughed. "You are really smart. I like you, you North Korean. You should have sided with us the first time itself. We would have showered so much money on you. You could have had anything and anyone you wanted.
Well, I am feeling generous. Why don't you come with me now? I have more money than you can imagine. Get rid of Se-Ri and build an empire with me." She finished with malice.

"Shut up! Stay away from him. Don't you dare Go Sang-Ah" I shout, feeling pure hatred towards this woman.

"Se-Ri, shh. Relax my love. She is just trying to rile you up." Ri Jeong Hyeok says softly to me.

"Oh looks like little Se-Ri is still in love with you. Well well well, this makes things so much easier!" Laughed out the evil woman.

What is she talking about?

Just then a soft crunching sound came from somewhere from the back of the warehouse.

Ri Jeong Hyeok started to slowly shift his hands down towards his waist where his gun was upholstered.

But before he could slide his hands down further, another laser beam pointed itself at my chest.

So, this really is a game to this mad woman.

Ri Jeong Hyeok froze and closed his eyes in frustration. His hands were back up raised in surrender.

"You showed your cards too soon Se-Ri. Now I know both of your's weakness."