Interlude

I am ready for combat. Though this battle has been forcefully thrust upon us, yet I will not back down and neither will Ri Jeong Hyeok.

"Now what? You want us to spend the entire night standing here?" I spat at the diabolical woman.

A small smirk was plastered upon her face. It was maddening. I wanted to slap away that annoying smirk so bad!

"I have a proposition" Ri Jeong Hyeok said out loud in his authoritative tone.

"Oh I am intrigued. Being in this precarious position you really have no say my dear soldier", said Go Sang-Ah in a coyish tone.

A low snarl escaped my lips. Was her plan to seduce Ri Jeong Hyeok? Gosh she is so stupid! I wanted to roll my eyes at her. This man took a bullet for me. And she thinks she can sway him away with stupid flirtations!

Go Sang-Ah narrowed her eyes and squinted at me. "But you need to control your woman. Looks like she has trouble with you talking to any other woman."

Ri Jeong Hyeok looked at me quizzically.

"Yaah! Shut up Go Sang-Ah", I replied, albeit a bit flustered.

Dammit! Why was everything going absolutely south for me!

"What if you let Se-Ri go, and let us chalk out a deal between the two of us. I promise to help you out of the country if Se-Ri is allowed to leave unharmed." Ri Jeong Hyeok finished calmly.

What! Is he mad? Was this dark warehouse driving everyone crazy?

Now it was my turn to be mad at him.

"What are you talking about? I am getting seriously angry with you." I muttered as softly as I could so that Go Sang-Ah couldn't hear me.

Ri Jeong Hyeok spared me a sly glance and nodded slightly while continuing to stare ahead.

I know that we shouldn't show her a weak front but Ri Jeong Hyeok here has seriously lost his mind if he thinks I will leave him here to deal with this mess alone.

"That is really an interesting proposal!" Laughed the woman. I wanted to strangle her now.

Just then a gust of air passed through my right ear. I felt as if my head had been split into two.

An unknowing wail escaped my lips when a body hit the floor with a soul-crunching thud of finality right before my eyes. The bullet was shot right at the centre of his head, piercing his skull and killing him instantly.

I felt as if a pair of hands had constricted my throat.

******************************************
Author's Note-

Hi my lovelies! I know this chapter is short but it was a needed interlude!
Please stay tuned for more!
How are you liking the story so far? Is it exciting?

I have already written the final chapter and I am now trying to connect the dots to it. What do you think will the end be?
Will it be a happy end 😍 or would something happen to our favourite couple 😱

Well... you will find out soon 😉

Please leave comments and your emotions on reading the chapters! Your words are welcome and I really look forward to them! xoxo