Saved

"I have a proposition. Mr. Lee, take your child and leave. Don't look back. Don't contact the police. If you do, I might get caught or I might survive. But my men will hunt you down and kill your entire family.

Do you accept?"

Mr. Lee looked at us with pleading eyes. My heart broke for this man. He was caught between the cross-fire in an unknown battle. All the bad things happening to him were in no way his fault.

"He accepts. He will leave right away. Return his child." Ri Jeong Hyeok replies strongly.

This. This is one of the thousand reasons why I love this man. Tears threatened my eyes but I have to keep my emotions in check. One false move from our end and this vicious game would be over for us.

"I knew it already." Replied Go Sang-Ah in a satified tone.

This is all very confusing. What kind of a spider web is she spinning. It feels as if everything is going as per her plan.

But right now, her plans don't matter. The innocent kid must be saved, the price will be paid later on.

A black shadow of a man approached us with a small kid in his arms and laid it out nearly 10 feet from us. The shadow scurried back into the darkness.

The child was unconscious. His hands and legs were tied and his mouth was gagged. His eyes were tied with a black cloth.

What a horrifying sight. So much pain in such a small age. I am so sorry child. Please forgive me if you can. Tears escaped from my eyes.

"Its not your fault Se-Ri. I am sorry." Ri Jeong Hyeok said to me, his voice filled with so much love.

But this is untrue. It was all my fault.

Mr. Lee hurried towards the broken child on the ground and took him in his arms, wailing at the sight of him.

"Get out of here. Take him away and leave if you want to live." Shouted Go Sang-Ah.

"Mr. Lee, I want you to take your child home. Take care of him. Do not try to help us please. I will take care of Se-Ri. She is my responsibility just like the child is yours. Don't worry about us just look after your child. We will meet after we deal with this woman and your family will be safe again." Ri Jeong Hyeok said everything I could have said to Mr. Lee and even more.

I know he will keep me safe. I just want Mr. Lee's family to be safe from this evil woman.

"Yes Mr. Lee. Hurry out now!"

Mr. Lee held his child to his chest. With a slight bow and tears flowing through his eyes like a river, he exited the warehouse.

Finally, two people are safe.

Now, it is just Ri Jeong Hyeok and me. And of couse, Go Sang-Ah and four of her snipers.

The odds are not looking good but we are not giving up.