Made a Big Mistake

I opened my eyes, a light shined directly above me. I turned my head away from the light and felt a sharp pain go through my head. I groaned, a light gasp and the sound of heels running away got my attention. I slowly turned my head to the other side, but all I could see were machines everywhere. I tried moving my arms but both were handcuffed to the bed, I cussed at myself as the memories of what I did came back to me. A door opened and closed, and the sound of shoes walked towards me. I looked up, my eyes slowly adjusting to the light. "Hello SCP-700. Good to see you're awake." It was an old man, he was balding at the top of his head and wore a lab coat. His voice sounded so familiar. "You talked through the speaker?" My voice was raspy and broke with every word. The man smiled and nodded his head. "Yes, yes I am. I apologize for you having to be treated here, but the guard that beat you was going to kill you. We wanted to make sure you were okay." I closed my eyes as the memory of me killing those people flashed behind my eyelids. "You should have let him." I could tell the scientist was taken aback because of the gasp he let out. "Why do you say that?" I looked at the scientist, I made myself look him in the eyes. "Because I killed. I killed people that might have been his friends, people he cared about. I'm the one who took their lives away like it was nothing. I threw them around like rag dolls, even fed a few to that crocodile" The doctor looked at his hands. We sat in silence for a few minutes. "What happened?" The scientist suddenly asked me. "I don't know. One second I was scared and wanted to leave, and then when one of the guards had me, I raged." I coughed felling like a lung would burst at any second. The scientist got me some water and let me gulp down as much as I could before continuing. I felt so angry, but also so powerful. It felt like I could take on the world, and that no one could stand in my way." I closed my eyes wishing the whole event away. "You were shot at, correct?" I looked at the scientist confused. "Yes. I thought that's why I was brought here, to get the bullets out and stitch me back up." The scientist shook his head. "When medical teams showed up you were unconscious and blood surrounded you, but not a single scratch was on your body." I stared at the scientist bewildered. I looked at the hand I had used to beat one of the guards, there were no scars or any signs of damage. "How is that possible?" I asked out loud. "You're not normal. That's why you're here, let us help you so the massacre that happened today will never happen again." I clutched my hand, I hated this place more than my actions. But it was true, they could help me. I had to follow their rules or I might die trying. "Okay." I said. "On one condition." The scientist nodded his head. "You have to be completely honest with me. That means no secrets and if I ask something you have to tell the truth." The scientist scratched his chin, thinking to himself. "Deal." I let out the breath I was holding in. "Where am I?" I asked. I needed to understand as much as I could. "I suppose I never properly welcomed you. Welcome to SCP, a facility that Secures, Contain, and Protects the outside world. We collect objects and creatures that do not follow the rules of the world." I nodded my head. "My memory's still very fuzzy, but SCP sound kinda familiar." The scientist nodded. "There are facilities all over the world, the one you are in is the main one. But the location is something I can not tell. I hope that's okay?" I nodded. I didn't care to much of where I was anyway, just how to escape. "That juge crocodile, how could it talk?" The scientist clicked his tongue. "SCP-682 is very intelligent, but also very dangerous. He can withstand any damage, and has killed many personnel." I pictured the creature in my head. "Why didn't he attack me?" The scientist stood up. "Well he was in restraints, and he is to stay in his acid containment until told to let out." The scientist walked over to one of the machines, it read my heartbeat. "Why would you need to let him out? Don't you do the testing in the room?" The scientist shook his head. "We will take two SCPs and put them in one room together. What they do in there is what we study." I pictured an arena, the walls shredded and blood everywhere. "I'll send some guards to come return you to your room. They will be very cautious with you though." I felt my heart skip a beat. "Is the guard who beat me gonna be one of them?" The scientist gave me a look as though I had become a monster. "Of course not, he's being talked to right now about his actions." I clenched my jaw. "Don't be to mean with him, it's my fault in the first place." The scientist nodded. "I'll see you later, 700."