More of us?

The sweet smell of breakfast filled my senses, I took a deep breath. My eyes fluttered open, I forced myself to sit up. 053 wasn't in her bed, the sound of happy chatter told me she was helping in the kitchen. I stood from my bed, my stomach and arms had bandages rapped around them. I figured the old lady had done this while I was sleeping. I exited the room, 053 and the old lady looked over at me. "Finally awake sleepyhead!" The old lady said, then she turned her attention back to what she was cooking. 053 ran up and hugged me, I crouched down and hugged her back. "How are you feeling?" 053 asked me with a worried look. I gave her a smile. "Much better, though a little sore." 053 let out a relived sigh. "Now that you're awake, you can be useful. Go out and chop some logs, then bring it inside. This fires running low." I nodded my head and walked out the front door. At the side of the house was an axe and a pile of logs. I picked up the axe and placed a log onto the stump. I raised the axe over my head and slammed it down onto the log. The now two pieces of the log shot off in the opposite directions. I took another log and repeated the process. After a few logs I could feel a pain beginning to form on my side. I decided I had cut enough and brought them inside. "Throw what you got onto the flames." The old lady ordered as soon as I entered the house. I did as I was told and put the wood into the flame. "There you go." I said, the old lady scoffed. "What are you two cooking?" I asked, I looked over at 059. My eyes went wide. 053! Where are your glasses?!" I exclaimed. "Calm down you fool! They were dirty and almost broken, I threw them in the fire." I looked at the old lady with wide eyes. "You can't look at her, especially not into her eyes." I warned the old lady. "Because when looking into her eyes the subject becomes angered. No reason behind this, the subject will try to harm the girl and any harm towards the girl will result in the death of the subject." I stared in awe. "How..... How do you?" I couldn't even finish the sentence. "How do I know that? Well I'd think I should know what affects I have on people." My jaw dropped. "Wait, you're like me?!" 053 exclaimed as she ran up to the old woman. The old woman smiled down at 053. "Indeed child, you and I are very similar." 053 smiled from ear to ear. "I can't believe someone like me exists!" 053 danced around the room, my jaw still hung open. "Stop bug catching!" The old lady hit the top of my head with her stick. I groaned and backed up. I looked at her while rubbing my head. "How do you know she's like you?" The old lady scoffed at my question. "When I was a little girl, we had tribes. Hundreds of us in hiding, the way we knew if someone was one of us, we simply looked into their eyes." I brought my hand down from my head. "If they died, they were imposters." Her stick came crashing down on my head yet again. "No you Buffon! We could see the sparkle!" I looked at the old woman with curiosity and fear. "What, sparkle?" The old woman sighed. "My people can see a certain sparkle in each other's eyes, it's like looking up at the stars. No one else can see that." 053 came running up to the old lady. "Can I see?! Can I see?!" The woman chuckled, than she looked into 053's eyes. In a matter of seconds 053 was jumping up and down. "I saw it I saw it!" She pulled my hand and looked up at me with pure joy in her eyes. "There was a sparkle! There was a sparkle!" With that, 053 ran off to the bedroom. "I've never seen her that happy." The old woman scoffed. "That's because your kind isn't supposed to bring joy." I returned my attention to the old lady. "What?" Was all I could say. "We'll discuss this later, when the young one is asleep." Three bowls floated down onto the table, 053 comes running out of the bedroom and sits down eagerly. "come on, time to eat."