Lost memories

I woke up to the feeling of something jabbing into my side. I groaned and opened my eyes, the old lady looked down at me. "Get up. I'll be outside waiting for you." She turned and left the room. I sighed and forced myself to sit up. 053 was sound asleep in her bed. I got up and slowly left the room. My body felt heavy and I could tell bruises were beginning to form all over my body. I walked towards the front door, I could tell through the window that it was night out. I walked out the door, the old lady was standing and staring up at the sky. "Mind telling me why you very painfully and rudely woke me up?" I asked. The old lady surprisingly swung her staff back quickly and hit me square in the stomach. I groaned and doubled over in pain. "Shush! Look." I rolled my eyes, then looked up. What I saw took my breath away. The stars in the sky shined brightly, it had to be the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. "Wow." I muttered under my breath. "Pretty isn't it?" The old lady said. "Very." I took a step forward. "Do you recognize it?" I looked back at the old lady. "What do you mean?" I could barely see her, but I caught a smile crossing her lip. "Do you remember looking up at the sky, looking at all the stars in the sky. Do you remember?" I looked down at the ground. "I don't. I can't remember anything." Suddenly the old lady was next to me, she placed a hand on my shoulder and lightly patted. "Don't worry, I'll help you." I smiled, for once in a long time I felt safe. It felt like I could breath, like I didn't have to be scared of my own shadow. "Thank you, so much." She nodded her head, then she walked towards the front door. "Have as much time as you want, just make sure you get some rest." Without waiting for my response she entered the house, I turned my attention back to the sky. The stars twinkled, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. It felt familiar, it almost felt like I was back somewhere. Some place I remembered, but couldn't picture. A soft breeze circled around me, I took another deep breath. I opened my eyes, a tear ran down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away, I felt a longing feeling. I wanted something I once had, I just couldn't remember what that thing was. I turned and walked back to the front door, I took one last gaze at the beautiful night. I entered the house, closing the front door quietly behind me. I walked back into the bedroom, 053 was still sleeping peacefully in her bed. I sat down on the bed, so many emotions danced around my heart. I laid my head down on the pillow, forcing my eyes closed I laid still. Sleep didn't come easy, but the peace I felt kept the nightmares away.