SCP-096

The guards separated SCP-682 and I, retuning it to its acid cage and bringing me to a smaller room. It had been days now, and I had not seen a single person face to face. I tried to take a small nap, but I was rudely interrupted when some guards shot darts at me. I groaned as my body began to numb. "Really?! Is this necessary?" I turned my head in their direction, one guard rolled an object into the middle of the room. The guard took the tarp off the object, under it was a projector. I looked at the guards confused, they ignored me completely. "What's that for?" My question was ignored. The guards exited the room quickly and the door shut behind them. After an hour or two the numbing feeling wore off. I slowly began to approach the projector, it was off and there was no remote to turn it on. Suddenly the one way mirror had a thick layer of metal covering it. That means the scientists couldn't see me. The projector began to make sounds, I stepped back in case it exploded in my face. Instead, a light exited the lens and projected a picture on the wall. I looked out of curiosity. The image was the face of a pale bald man, his eyes were a ghostly white, and his jaw was bloody and hung low. I cringed at the look, his jaw had to be broken. I waited, nothing. The projector turned off, but the metal covering the one way mirror didn't go away. I was about to yell something, but I heard someone. No, something. It was a faint screeching, and it sounded like it was getting closer. I turned around and faced the sound, I pushed my back against the opposite wall. It was getting closer and closer until it sounded like it was right outside the wall. Banging and clawing sounds erupted, I swallowed the knot in my throat. A long pale arm burst through the wall, the screaming filled the room. The hole the arm made grew, until a tall boney figure stood in front of me. It's eyes glared at me, it's lower jaw extended. It reached its arms out at me and flung itself towards me. I held my arms up over my face, one of its hands impaled my side and lifted me off the ground. I coughed up blood, it's other hand grabbed hold of my arm and began to pull. I screamed from the pain, a ripping sound filled the room. My body flung to the side and crashed into a wall. I looked at where my arm should have been, instead it was in the hand of the hideous creature. My arm was ripped off from the shoulder, blood spilling onto the ground. The creature dropped my severed arm and lunged at me again. It rammed me into the wall and screamed into my face, I placed my feet on its ribs and sent it flying back. I quickly stood and retrieved my arm. I looked down at it, what was I supposed to do? Normally if it was a bullet wound the skin would heal, but I've never lost a whole body part before. I wasn't paying attention and forgot about the creature that was sprinting at me with full force. It grabbed me by the shoulders and lifted me up above its head, I looked down at the creature. For the first time in a long time, I felt fear. A single tear slipped down my cheek and fell onto the monsters cheek. It paused, the screaming quieted. It's eyes almost seemed to soften, I felt it's grip on my shoulders loosen. It lowered me to the ground, it's jaw still hanging low. It slowly grabbed my arm from my grip and connected the spots where it had been ripped. It covered the spot with its hands, I felt a quick shock of pain. Then it backed up, I looked down at my arm. It had been somehow reattached to my shoulder. I raised and lowered it, opened and closed my hand, even wiggled my fingers. I suddenly heard the sound of crying, the creature was in a crouched position and covered its face with its hands. I felt another emotion that I hadn't felt for a long time, compassion. I just witnessed what this creature could do, but instead of ending me it showed mercy. I slowly approached the creature, it didn't react to me getting closer. I crouched down to its level, then slowly placed a hand on its hand. It's crying stopped, it looked at me with its white eyes. Then suddenly turned and sprinted out of the hole it had entered through. I sat there for what felt like an eternity but really it had only been minutes. Guards came into the room and slowly approached me, and when I didn't attack the shackles me. I only stared at the hole, what was that? Why did it attack me then show mercy? Questions ran through my head as the guards dragged me back to 682's acid room. I watched my shoes as we neared the cell. Maybe 682 would give me some answers, or maybe it'll try and kill me.