t e n

"So I'm throwing a total rager tonight and your sweet ass better be there," Kian informed, slapping Zane on the back.

"I'll be there," Kenzie informed with a sweet smile.

"Uh yeah, I'll be there," Zane responded, distracted by his phone. He spent three hours reading and rereading the school directory and still couldn't find her name.

"Bro, what are you doing?" Kian asked, grabbing the phone. "Sophia Layne? Who is that and why are you searching for her in the directory? Nobody even goes here with that name."

"Just give me the phone," Zane muttered lowly.

An evil little smirk formed on Kian's lips. As his eyes lit up, he reached for his own phone, his thumb pressing the photo app. Among endless pictures of girls, most of which were rather risqué, he found it. "So tell me Zane, who is this Sophia Layne?"

"She's just some girl that goes here," he replied grabbing his phone back.

"Just some girl huh? Then why are you searching for her directory?"

"Because," he paused taking in a deep breath, "it's none of your business."

Kian chuckled. "This belong to her?"

He lifted his phone so that Zane could see the photo. "Where'd you get that?" he hissed, reaching for the phone.

Kian was much too quick and swiftly threw it into his back pocket. "After practice the one night, I saw this crumbled piece of paper in front of your locker."

Zane's eyes grew, his heart beating a little faster as he slowly approached Kian. "Delete it now," he hissed.

Kian just laughed, "or what? I thought this chick was just some girl?" He mocked.

"Kian," Zane's voice was low, "do it now."

"Whoa whoa whoa, let's just chill, alright?" Micah stepped in between the two.

The boys continued their stare down until Kian sighed. "Fine, I'll delete it. Happy now?" Zane simply nodded, grabbing his bag and walking away.

"What just happened?" Micah asked, looking Kian square in the eye.

"Oh nothing, just some stupid bs," he grinned. "Let's go, shall we?" He gestured to the rest of the group as he too walked away.

✦ ✦ ✦

Three beers down and Zane was only now starting to feel a buzz. He stood cooly against the wall, watching as Kenzie and her small circle of girls danced seductively in the middle of the room.

"Broooooo," Kian slurred as he tripped in front of Zane. "Total ragerrrrr huh?"

"Yeah man, total rager," Zane smirked, taking another swig from the brown bottle.

"We cool man?" Kian asked, propping himself against the wall.

"Yeah man, we're cool," Zane responded, pounding fists with his best friend.

"Schweeeet," Kian grinned. "Think I have a chance with her?" He asked, pointing to Mallory, Kenzie's best friend.

"What happened to Kenzie?" Zane laughed.

"She's smoking but she's got it baddddd for you bro," he shrugged, chugging the rest of his beer. "Nother one?" He asked, holding up his beer and heading towards the kitchen.

Zane chugged the rest of his bottle, "yessuh!"

Two hours and not a sober body later, Zane staggered up the stairs with a very wasted Kenzie clinging to his side. "Right there," Kenzie slurred pointing to an open door. "I want that one."

Zane chuckled, pushing her into the dark room. He tripped in the dark, but lucky for the two, there was a queen sized bed to catch the fall. Kenzie giggled feverishly as her white tank rose, showing off her very toned stomach and pink butterfly belly ring. "Ohhhhh Zaneyyyyy," she called, pulling him flush against her, "do you want meeeee?"

He smiled, his lips mere millimeters from her pink glossed ones. Just as he leaned down to break the distance, Micah came hurling into the room. "Guyssss," he called, "come downstairs. The show's about to start!"

"What show?" Zane asked, pulling himself up.

"Zaneeeee," Kenzie whined, trying to pull him back. Unphased, he pushed himself up and followed Micah downstairs. With a grunt, Kenzie pulled her tank down and stumbled behind the two.