e l e v e n

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Zane screamed, tackling Kian to the floor. "Turn that the fuck off!"

In a frazzle, Micah quickly covered the projector from showing what Kian kept on his phone.

"Dude, what the fuck?" Kian growled, pushing Zane off of him.

"I told you to delete that."

"But-"

"You are such an ass," Zane breathed angrily, rolling over and pushing himself off the floor. He grabbed the phone and deleted the photo. "Everyone get the fuck out!"

The room turned silent. "Bro, nobody saw it," Micah reassured, holding onto Zane's shoulder. "It literally was up for like 2 seconds. I promise."

"Get the fuck off me," Zane growled, shoving his hand away. "You guys are all such fucking assholes!" He shouted as he stumbled to the front door. He glared at the room full of drunk bodies completely unaware of what was actually happening. He slammed the door behind, staggering down to his car.

He sat in it for a while, watching as the house became emptier and emptier. His lips formed a permanent scowl as he gripped the wheel tighter and tighter. His knuckles became ghostly white as he watched the last person stumble out the door. He watched as Kian smiled wildly, closing the door for the night.

Zane, however, was far from being finished for the night.

✦ ✦ ✦

The final bell rang for the day as Sophia closed her locker. Just as she was about to slip her bag over her shoulder, a strong hold pulled it down. Startled, she looked up into a pair of dark brown eyes, one in which was encased in deep shades of blue and purple.

"I don't know what hold you have on Zane, but if I were you, I'd watch your back," he growled lowly, pushing her aside as he stomped away.

Shellshocked, she remained still as a statue, watching the figure become smaller and smaller until he was completely out of view.

"Sophia."

His voice rumbled in her ear, soon followed the warmth of his hand on her shoulder. "What did he say to you?"

She turned her gaze from the hallway to his face. "He- he um .. nothing. He didn't say anything."

"Don't lie to me Sophia."

"It was nothing!" She said a little more forceful, pulling away from his touch.

"Sophia," he sighed, dropping his hand to the side. "Can I walk you to your car?" This time he feigned a small lopsided smile. "Please?"

"What happened to your lip?" She asked as the two waited under the shade of a tree.

He simply chuckled. "Result of protecting someone I care about."

She simply nodded, turning her face forward, watching cars and busses vacating the lot.

"She's late today," Zane stated, looking at the time on his phone.

"You don't have to wait," Sophia softly said.

"I don't mind," he smiled. "I enjoy your company, even if you barely say two words to me." He added with a soft chuckle.

A few minutes passed when the sound of Mozart filled the air. "Hello? ... okay, I understand ... it's okay mom, really ... alright ... yes ... I'll see you later ... love you too."

"So, need a ride?" Zane smirked, taking her by the hand and leading her to his car. This time, he wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Just turn left on this street and I can walk from here," Sophia said quietly, her hand running the length of the seatbelt.

"Do I make you nervous?" Zane probed with a cocky grin, darting his gaze briefly to her uncomfortable body.

Silence.

"Well I hate to break it to you, but I'm not just dropping you off and having you walk god knows how long to your house," Zane said as he circled the same block for the fifth time. "So you can either tell me now, or I will happily keep circling around. Tho, the neighbors may become suspicious and call the cops and-"

"I live on Walker Ave," Sophia finally said.

"Now, was that so hard?" he smiled.

After a few minutes of driving in silence, Sophia pointed to a little red brick house on the corner. "That's my house."

"Hmm," Zane hummed. "You live a few houses down from my Nan."

"Thank you," Sophia mumbled, ignoring his comment and reaching for the door.

"What? What was that? Was than an actual thank you? And I didn't even have to ask? I think I'm gonna have a heart attack!" Zane laughed, grabbing his chest with his hand.

Unamused, Sophia opened the door.

"Sophia!" Zane called just before she closed it. "Think I could get that number now?"

With a slight smile, she shook her head and closed the door. Just as she opened the front door, she heard two beeps as his car raced off.