04: wake up

"what the fuck do you think you're doing?!" new asks as he pushes mew. never should you hit one of his own friends in front of him or anyone else. "he was harassing my boyfriend," the taller replied. everyone rolled their eyes. "your boyfriend started it dumbass!" cooheart pointed towards art.

"you're so pathetic," new shook his head. "get out." he had enough for one day. "i said get out!" a student handed art his bag and watches as the couple walked away.

new sighs, massaging his temples. "out of the years i've known mew, i never thought he could be such a douchebag." he frowns.

gulf sat on a bench in the school garden, watching as his feet swung back and forth.

his chest hurt when he felt mew hit him for the second time. he didn't do anything wrong. i just defended himself, but why am i in the wrong? he asked himself.

"want some company?" he looks up to see pavel. he nods, scooting over so the latter can sit.

"what happened? did art hurt you?" gulf shakes his head. "mew did," he frowned. "why?" his voice softened. "i was just trying to defend myself and the dance club before art could do anything, and next thing i know...mew runs in and hits me."

pavel shakes his head in disappointment. "what has happened to him?" gulf breathed out, looking around. "listen," pavel turns his gaze towards the younger, holding his hands.

"right now, mew is in a constant state of bullshit and is doing whatever he his lover tells him to do— in short, he's a play thing." he confesses.

gulf raises a brow. "play thing? like a fuck buddy?" he asks. pavel chuckles at the latter's misunderstanding. "basically, art is using mew to mess with your head. you know how both of you are like the north and south pole of a magnet."  the latter nods, pursing his lips.

"just don't let art fuck with you. you're better than that and he can go choke on his money bags," the two share a chuckle. "well i gotta go pick up dome from class. go home safely, goop." pavel waves as he slings his bag over his shoulder.

gulf thinks about the words that his friend had told him. "so he's just using him?" his brows furrowed. but the looks they gave each other...gulf did notice how it would be one sided sometimes.

like earlier in dance class. mew's eyes expressed love, while art displayed stupidity. gulf chuckles at his inside joke before making the decision to go home.

mew sat in his bedroom looking at the polaroid picture of him and gulf during their first date. it showed gulf kissing him on the cheek while he smiled brightly.

he feels himself smile, a pang in his chest suddenly erupting. he shook off the feeling, wanting to throw away the picture. he had art now.

hovering his hand over the trash can, he hesitates. mew gives up and puts the picture back in his wallet. he sighs and throws the wallet on his nightstand.

he had been lying if he didn't miss gulf. he missed his cooking, his cuddles, his small jokes. he desperately missed being scolded by him because he would play air-drum way too much and just all around him.

mew didn't know why he had slapped him a while ago. he did it out if habit. whenever someone would make fun or bully art in some way, he would slap them. or atleast, that's what art said.