Cheer Tryouts

I met a new girl named Jamie. Her real name was Jasmine but she insisted everyone call her Jamie. She was totally cool when she found out about my powers. I like her. 

"I'm just saying, it's not my fault if I don't like cheerleading. Maybe I'm not a prissy pink perfect wannabe like Bucky and the Aceys." Jamie said. 

"I can wholeheartedly agree with you there. Bucky such a bi-," I censored myself quickly, "a prick. And the Aceys, ugh don't get me started on them. They're like sheep, and Bucky's the sheep herder. They do whatever he says without any mind of their own." I grumbled. Jamie nodded in agreement. The Z-alarm sounded. Jamie got up. 

"Aren't you coming?" She questioned. 

"Yea, I should probably find a safe room, it's not like I have powers or anything that could defend me." I muttered. Jamie glared at me. I gave her a slight grin and went to the nearest safe room. When I entered the door locked behind me and I sensed someone's presence. 

"Addison, Jamie, Bree, Bucky? Any of you guys in here." I asked tentatively. 

"Hello." I heard Addison's voice ask. I breathed a sigh of relief. 

"Hello." I heard a male voice respond, "Why hello." 

"Don't try anything, I've got magic and the only thing deadlier than Addison's high kick is her low kick." I threatened. 

"Sorry, I-" I briefly cut him off. 

"Nah. It's fine. I'm sure you didn't mean to come off like that." I said sarcastically.  I found Addison and the guy slowly approached us. I didn't sense a heartbeat in him. 

"Addison, I'm sure this is unimportant but I think this guy is a-" 

"All clear." The automated voice said and the lights came back on. 

"ZOMBIE" Addison shouted, and at the same time I muttered, "is a zombie." Those two talked and then Bucky entered. He grabbed Addison and tried to 'help' me but I just made a low growling sound in my throat. Weird. And then we went to cheer tryouts.

I sat on the bleachers and waited for it to be over. Addison, Bree and Jamie (surprisingly) made it on the team. 

*after cheer tryouts nothing really happened. Zed and Addison got together, they went to homecoming together, Zombies were banned again, Eliza and I became friends and Bonzo likes Bree. Let's just head to the cheer championship.*