seventeen - i'm sorry

Layla woke up in bed next to Kiara, climbing out. Her feet hit the cold floor, her legs bringing her to the area she was sure JJ was sleeping. She felt sort of guilty for the way the fought the night before.

Instead, she found him outside with a girl with light blonde hair. She was in his t-shirt, the pair talking for just a moment before the girl kissed him quickly and walked off.

His light gray t-shirt. Her stomach sank at the sight of him staring at her as she walked off.

She knew she had heard something the night before. But she had no idea it was JJ. Fuck.

Her heart hurt as she tried to tell herself that it wasn't true, that there was no way. But she knew it was the truth.

She pushed her way through the front door to the boy who was staring fondly at the girl walking off. At the sound of the door slamming, his head turned to face her. He was not expecting the brunette to be in front of him.

His face fell, but no words came from his mouth. "What the fuck, JJ?" she questioned, her tone low.

"I can explain-"

"No, you can't, JJ," Layla fired, sudden emotions overwhelming her. "There's no explaining."

"I don't deserve you, Layla!" JJ called, running his hands through his hair and landing them on the back of his head. "I'm not good enough for you." His words turned from pleading to defensive at the drop of a hat.

"Shut up, JJ."

"No, Layla, you make me feel real. And it scares the shit out of me. I've never felt like this and I'm just so terrified of losing you."

"Well, it's all a game to you, JJ. You can't handle having someone care about you."

"Layla-"

"I've been there for you through everything, JJ, for the last three years. Every up, every down. All the highs and lows. And you don't even have the decency to be honest with me," Layla stated. Her tone was flat, but tears were streaming out of her eyes. She made no move to wipe them. "If us being together wasn't something you wanted, all you needed to do was tell me. You didn't need to sleep with her in the same house I was sleeping in, JJ."

"I-"

Anger then brimmed inside of her. She wiped her tears away. "Do you know how fucked up that is, JJ?"

"I'm sorry, Layla."

Layla's loud tone had caused a stir in the house. While JJ and Layla were outside arguing on the porch, Kie was at the door and John B and Pope were getting up from their spots on the couch.

"I don't want your bullshit apologies!" Layla yelled out. "Go fuck yourself, JJ. You're an asshole. You're selfish and only have the capacity to care about yourself."

"Layla, I'm so sorry."

"Really, really classy," she fired, her words bitter. "Fucked me, guess that means you've done ever girl on the island now, huh?"

"It isn't like that-" JJ began, only to be cut off by the tirade this girl was on.

Layla cocked her head. "Isn't like what? You mean you didn't just sleep with me to be able to say you did?"

"Layla, please!" JJ begged the girl who kept interrupting him, not allowing him to get more than a few words in. Layla waited, allowing the boy a moment to give her a justification she knew would be bullshit. His hands found the back of his neck, his eyes diverting from the girl's face in guilt; the longer he looked at her, the sicker he suddenly felt. "You know I really care about you." Layla's scoff at the only sentence she allowed him to speak was deafening.