fifteen - apology

fifteen - apology 

 Layla had her head positioned on JJ's shoulder as she laid in bed next to him. They had elected on hosting the party at the Boneyard the next night. They had a disagreement of sorts over JJ's decision to keep the gun that they had found in the motel room they now knew belonged to Scooter Grubbs.

 Shocker, Layla Arden was right; the person who drove their boat into the storm was going to kill themselves. Something felt off about the entire situation, and the group could agree on it. How in the hell did Scooter Grubbs afford a brand new Grady-White? John B suggested drug smuggling, and Layla was inclined to agree that something fairly illegal was going on.

 She had a feeling it had something to do with some of the wealth in the Outer Banks as opposed to some sort of money from outside of the island. 

 JJ was rubbing her head, her thoughts raising as she hardly focused on the boy. "What's wrong?" he questioned, noting her distraction. She had barely said a word to him in the last fifteen minutes they had been snuggled up in the bed. 

 They had not resolved their argument, and instead simply elected to go to her house and hang out. This was something they had always done in their relationship; they didn't bother to talk out their problems, and just hope that they would resolve themselves over a period of time. Neither of them apologized to each other.

 On top of the entire situation with the dead man, Layla had not been feeling like herself lately. She blamed the fact that the anniversary of her mother's passing had just occurred. While no one liked death, Layla took it rather hard. Following her mother's death, Layla was unable to eat for a week. Something about the semi-tragic way Scooter Grubbs had passed sat on her chest. "I feel bad for Ms. Lana," Layla confessed. She had her eyes open, focused on the various astrological stickers littering her ceiling.

 JJ's arm was wrapped around her shoulder, his glance up the ceiling similarly. "It's not your fault," he reassured, knowing it wouldn't make much of a difference. He knew that Layla had just been drudged back through her mom's death. The news that Scooter had died in the storm had been shocking, and Layla could show empathy to what Lana Grubbs was experiencing currently; the rug had just been pulled out from under her suddenly.

 "JJ?" Layla piped up from beside the boy. He hummed in response.  "Can I smoke?" She felt slightly nervous in asking for the boy's Juul with pods that contained THC. Layla only smoked when she felt that she needed to bury something away, or even forget; right now, she felt the need to do both.

  JJ let out a small laugh, Layla feeling his chest bounce under her. "Does this mean I'm going to get to see you naked?" he questioned lightly. The last time she had asked to smoke, they hooked up. 

 Layla rolled her eyes, a small smile falling onto her lips. "Depends how good your shit is," she replied jokingly, sitting up from JJ's chest. He released his grip around her shoulder, sitting up next to her as well. He fished into his pocket for the device he constantly had on him, pulling it from the shorts. He then outstretched it to her, as Layla took it from his hand and pulled it to her lips. She took a deep inhale, blowing the smoke out of her mouth. After a few moments, she took another hit and then passed it back to JJ. He took a hit similarly, setting it on the nightstand on the left side of her bed. 

 "It's hot when you do that," JJ admitted, his glance towards the wall across from her bed instead of at Layla.

 She rolled her eyes. "You going to kiss me or what?" She turned to him, a small smile on her lips.

 He then grabbed her face in one quick motion, his hand placed under her chin. He pulled her to him, the pair kissing quickly. After one thing led to another, Layla decided it was even better than the first time.

 Must've been some good shit.

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

 "Are you guys sure having a huge party is the best idea right now?" Layla questioned, glancing amongst the group. "I mean, we're trying to stay lowkey." They were aboard the Pogue as it steadily drifted in the water. It was sort of cool weather compared to the other days recently. Layla was in a t-shirt and some light gray Soffe shorts.

 JJ rolled his eyes at her concern. "What's more in character than a banger?" He walked up behind her, squeezing her shoulders lightly. "Relax." She pushed her head back into his bare chest, JJ reaching down and wrapping his arms across her chest. 

 He bent down, resting his head on her shoulder. Layla stood facing the group on the right side of the bow, as JJ stood towards the very edge with his back facing the water. In one quick motion, Layla ducked out of his grip and pushed the boy into the water with her back. Since he was caught off guard, he fell backward and into the ocean below.

 John B let out a loud laugh at the exchange, while Layla was less amused. She turned to face the water, waiting for JJ to bubble to the surface. "What the hell?" he called, bringing one hand up to wipe the saltwater from his face as he kept himself afloat with the other.

 "Don't tell me to relax," she fired, crossing her arms as she glanced down at the boy with matted hair. 

 "You are so lucky you're pretty," JJ said to the girl who was safe and dry on the boat still, as he climbed over to the side where he could pull himself back aboard.

 She rolled her eyes in reply, as he rejoined them on the boat. He then walked towards her, his arms open. "No way." She shook her head. "JJ, I swear to god-" Before she could continue, he enveloped her in a large bear hug.

 The water retained in his shorts and on his skin transferred partially on to Layla, her simply glaring up at him as she squeezed her from the front. "Feels nice, huh?" he questioned sarcastically, smiling down at her.

 "Dick." 

 He pulled away from her, quirking an eyebrow. "What was that?" He then bent down, grabbing her around the waist. He then walked towards the edge of the boat, teetering dangerously close to the water. "Did you say something?" he questioned sarcastically.

 "I will kill you, JJ," she threatened, holding on to the boy tightly.

 "I would prefer an apology, actually," he returned, knowing damn well Layla would never apologize for the insult. He smiled to himself, feeling Layla hold on to him tighter.

 She shook her head. "You throw me in, you're coming with me," she promised, her legs dangling inches from the bow as he held her against him. While she seemed mad, they both knew her annoyance wouldn't last for more than a few moments.

 He shrugged, leaping into the water with the girl in tow. 

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───