twelve - agatha

twelve - agatha 

 "Are we riding out the storm at my place?" Layla questioned from her position next to JJ. The group of five were seated the beach, the sun blistering down.

 "I've gotta stay at home, you know how my parents are," Kie explained, pulling her legs in to sit criss-cross. The Carrera's were sort of protective over their daughter, and Layla understood.

 The Heyward's were the same way. "Same here, you think my dad's letting me stay out?"

 Layla sighed. "Why don't you hang at John B's?" JJ questioned, wrapping his arm over the girl's shoulder. "Isn't Mrs. Flora inland for work?"

 Kie let out a small laugh, "She left you to storm prep alone?"

 Layla shook her head. "She couldn't get a ferry back out. JJ and I already prepped the house and stuff, she called and said she felt terrible."

 "Yeah, ride it out at my place," John B ordered, leaning forward and glancing at Layla. "You can't stay at home alone." Layla nodded, giving a small smile. JJ squeezed her shoulders.

 "Okay."

 As if on cue, the storm siren began to wail out across the island.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

 Layla stood in front of the door, the wind and rain beating on the house from the outside. The beginnings of the storm were beginning to batter the Chateau. JJ said he had a few loose ends to tie up before hunkering down.

 That left Layla, John B, and Pope. And the two boys decided they were going to surf the storm surge. While this wasn't exactly out of character for John B, it was for Pope. And the pair decided Layla couldn't tag along.

 "You think that you two are going to surf thirty plus foot waves and I'm not coming?" Layla questioned, blocking the path and keeping her arms crossed. The minute she had heard the boys speak of the idea, excitement swelled within her. She immediately got dressed.

 John B inhaled, shaking his head. "Move, Layla, come on." The boys were dressed in t-shirts and swimming shorts. John B had his apprehensions about Layla accompanying the boys; he was concerned for her safety, and he had valid reason after the last surfing incident. "It's dangerous."

 Layla let out a laugh, rolling her eyes. "I'm coming with, could you please grab another board?" Layla would do it herself, but it was much too difficult for Layla to grab the board off of the rack and load it herself.

 "JJ'll kill me." While John B was attempting to find excuses to prohibit the girl, his words held some truth; JJ would be upset if he took Layla out to surf during a hurricane.

 Layla rolled her eyes again, a small scoff coming from her lips. "What, is JJ suddenly my keeper? If you don't take me, I'm going by myself."

 Pope shrugged. "She's got a point, man."

 John B sighed after a moment. "Fine, you ready? Let's go." Layla smiled at having got her way, slipping on her shoes. She pulled the door open, heading out to the vehicle in the rain. The door slammed shut behind the trio, Layla running towards the car to brace the rain and wind. John B loaded an additional surfboard into the vehicle, then hopping into the driver's seat. With the windshield wipers cranked as high as they could be, the group took off towards the beach.