eleven - t-shirt

a/n

 while i know the start of this chapter mimics the pilot, the book will continue to contain my own original scenes and character development! it will not just be my original character inserted into scenes that are in the show, i will continue to be writing this in a similar fashion to the first few chapters. i do plan to keep iconic scenes and dialogue however that move the show forward.

much love,
-alyssa

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

eleven - t-shirt

 John B stood on top of the triangular building, one foot balanced on the beam and another lifted in the air. His left hand held a can of beer tightly, the other assisting him in balancing.

 Layla kept two feet planted on the large beam where the two slanted sides of the roof meet, watching the waves crash on the horizon. Something about the view from a few stories up was extraordinary.

 Pope cocked his head up from the ground. "That's what, a three-story fall? I give you guys about a one-in-three chance of survival."

 Layla rolled her eyes. "It's more fun up here, Pope. You know you want to come up." Her voice was slightly taunting, smiling down at the boy on the ground. She kept one foot in front of the other, her eyes focused on the open ocean from behind John B.

 "Should I do it?" John B questioned stupidly, gaining the attention of JJ on the ground as well.

 "He jumps, I jump," Layla called down from behind him, her waves blowing behind her in the wind. "And I do not think my guts are pretty."

 "Yeah, guys, jump," Pope taunted, holding the nail gun out in the air. "Shoot you on the way down."

 JJ rolled his eyes. "Get down, Layla." He glanced up at the girl, waving his beer in her direction. "Seriously."

Layla rolled her eyes, glancing down at JJ. "You gonna catch me?"

 "Always," he called back up to her, Kie emerging from the building that was under construction. Layla barely listened to her speak of the privilege that the people who took up the building reeked. 

 Kiara then turned her attention up to John B and Layla. "Can you two please not kill yourselves?" 

 "Don't spill that beer, I'm not giving you another one," JJ warned John B. "And don't drop my girl." JJ took a sip of his drink, keeping a careful watch on the pair on the roof. As if on cue, John B allowed the beer to slip from his grasp. John B's balance was slightly knocked off. "Of course you did." John B let out a small groan.

 A loud yell was then heard. Pope's tone turned slightly concerned. "Hey, guys, security is here," he warned.

 JJ slid out from under the railing, waiting next to the roof for Layla. She slid down the beam, jumping slightly. JJ grabbed her arm, pulling her in the direction of the ladder. He allowed her to scale it first, her brown waves bouncing as she jumped down the rungs two at a time. JJ followed her, and then John B.

 "Killing the party early," Layla remarked, as the group of five headed inside of the development. JJ led the charge, followed by Layla, Kie, John B, and finally Pope.

 The ran down the steps of the home, the security guards meeting them at the bottom. He called out for them, JJ grabbing Layla's hand and pulling the pair past. The first yelled out, the second security guard attempting to grab JJ. Layla pulled him from the grip. "Not much of a hugger, man!" JJ called, Layla pulling JJ by his left hand. A small laugh fell from Layla's lips, the thrill and the rush of the adrenaline filling her body. JJ laughed along with the brunette.