twenty-seven - sunset

When Kiara showed up to Layla's house, she knew it was time to deal with her friends chewing her out for her actions

By going to the party at the Cameron's, she had violated some sort of rule they all acknowledged. She made the decision to hang out with a Kook.

She didn't care, however. Courtesy of JJ, rules and promises seemed to be thrown out the window.

Kiara let herself into the home, heading up to Layla's bedroom where she was sure the girl was. Layla was sprawled out on her bed, wearing just a sports bra and sweatpants.

Kie came in, glanced at Layla, and rolled her eyes. She then jumped onto the bed next to Layla. "Seriously?"

"Kie-"

"I'm not mad." Kie sounded a little mad. "It's just...if you wanted to get drunk, you should've with me. Or, you could of at least invited me. I wouldn't of came but the invitation would've been nice."

Layla nodded, keeping her laid back position in her bed. "I'm sorry. It was just super last minute."

Kie nodded. "You're a bitch." Layla laughed lightly moving her knee to bump Kie. "Now that that's established, how did you even know about it?"

"Rafe called me and invited me."

Kiara looked shocked. "I'm sorry, you and Rafe talk regularly?" she attempted to clarify.

Layla shook her head. "No. He literally called me out of the blue and invited me to his house party. I was in a shitty mood so I went."

"Why did he invite you?" Kiara asked, confusion in her voice.

Layla shrugged. "No idea. He said he thought I was pretty."

Kie laughed. "So what? You caved and slept with him?"

Layla elected to leave out the fact that she had originally thought she had slept with Rafe. "What do you think I am, Kie?"

"I think that you didn't get wasted with the Cameron family and then not sleep with someone."

Layla rolled her eyes. "I didn't sleep with him. I didn't sleep with anyone."

"Then why weren't you home last night?" Kie pressed.

Layla sighed. "Okay, I slept there. But not with him."

"So what, you stayed with Sarah?" Kiara asked, overall repulsion present in her tone.

"Okay, I slept with Rafe. But not, like, with Rafe. I slept in his bed. With him in it."

Kie's jaw dropped slightly. "I'm just gonna warn you, JJ saw the stories. He thinks you slept with Rafe, too."

Layla groaned, her hands going up to rub her face. "JJ is a fucking dick."

"That's true, but now he's being a freak. He's been weird all day." Kie just shrugged, filling Layla in on what she missed. "So the plan tonight is to go out on the Pogue, John B said meet back around 7:30."