Best Damn Thing

There's no one else who knows all about Seo Soojin more than Yeh Shuhua does, no one.

The gestures Soojin does when she's shy, spacing out all of a sudden due to nervousness and overwhelmed feelings, controlling herself when she gets too excited and hyped up, her deepest secrets, even the mole under her foot-it doesn't matter what it is about, she knows it all.

Soojin is like an open book for her, she reads the girl and understands her right away like she's meant to do just that since the beginning.

She knows how Soojin likes to keep things to herself, worries, problems, questions. She knows how the girl doesn't want to bother other people by telling her own concerns.

She knows when Soojin's sick even when the older girl tries to deny it. She knows when Soojin's having big troubles even when she tries to act cool about it. She knows everything.

"how am I supposed to ask Soyeon's forgiveness? she hates me too much right now."

Shuhua belives that her purpose of existence is to be with Soojin, to balance out the older girl's flaws, to make the girl smile and genuinely happy, to stay by her side no matter what, to take care of her, to love her.

"I mean, I admit I'm stupid enough to add those veggies in her food but this is the first time she's this mad at me."

And so, Shuhua makes sure she showers Soojin with affection. Though it may looked too annoying for other people's perspective, she knows that Soojin loves it. And that's what matters.

"yah! are you even listening to me?!" suddenly, Shuhua's thoughts about Soojin is cut short.

Her best friend, Song Yuqi is looking at her with a pout, obviously pissed off by the fact that she wasn't paying that much of an attention. Or rather, she's not paying attention at all.

If it's any other day, she'd teased Yuqi about acting like a kid when in fact she's older than her. But today is different.

Instead of mocking Yuqi by copying the words and gestures the girl did earlier, Shuhua did nothing but only stared at Yuqi.

Sensing something, the older girl cleared her throat and asked Shuhua, "what's wrong? you seem troubled." Yuqi asks and Shuhua tried to smile.

Just like Soojin, Shuhua keeps things to herself more often. Not only because she doesn't want to bother anyone but as well the reason that she knows that the only person who can solve those problems is herself.

But right now, she's not sure if she can solve it alone or not.

"Shu, you're spacing out again..what's wrong?" Yuqi asks once again, face full of concern.

"Soojin." Shuhua just answered and Yuqi had this confused look on her face now.

"what about Soojin unnie?" Yuqi asks.

"she's different lately." Shuhua says.

It's true though, Soojin seems to be different the past few days.

Shuhua did everything she could to read Soojin's actions but she just can't seem to fathom the older girl's reason.

"what do you mean by different?" Yuqi asks once again.

"lately, she's always busy..always doing different things, she visits me in my place but keeps her eyes glued to her phone or laptop." Shuhua says.

"Shuhua, you know Soojin unnie is not just a normal person. She manages her parents' company who's by the way one of the biggest one here in Korea, so just like you said, she's a busy person." Yuqi reasoned out.