Never be the Same

Soojin's not the one to ever show affection, it's just not her thing to shower someone love.

So it's no wonder how people keep on wondering how Shuhua and her got together when the latter is the total opposite of who she is.

Her schoolmates mostly thinks that she just pitied the girl. You see, Shuhua's the hyper and clingy type, unlike her, the younger girl is all out telling everyone Soojin's her girlfriend and she's Soojin's.

Out of all the words Shuhua can say in her daily life, Soojin's name would come up more than half the day. That's how the younger girl is whipped for her.

But honestly? She may be not affectionate enough towards the younger girl, at least in other people's eyes. But once they both are alone? She clings on to her and is all around Shuhua.

And Shuhua's fine with that, the younger girl knows she's just shy with being openly affectionate to her in front of everyone and that enough makes Soojin feel lucky. Yes, Shuhua may always tell her to show some love in front of everyone but they both know that Shuhua's just teasing her.

"I honestly love you whether you shower me with love in front of everyone or not Jinjin~ah. As long as I can feel that you love me too, it's enough." That's what Shuhua's exact words were.

She's known Shuhua for 11 years already, they were childhood best friends despite being more than a year older than the girl.

Shuhua came in Korea from Taiwan 11 years ago and had no friends around her. Because of that, everyone often sees the girl sitting alone during lunch. But Shuhua mostly caught Soojin's eyes though.

She's obviously older than the girl since she's from a higher grade but it didn't stop her to approach Shuhua when she saw how the younger girl always orders the same food every single day, which is ramen.

Flashback

"hey." she calls out towards the known young beauty of their school.

She knows 4 basic things about her, 1) her name's Yeh Shuhua, 2) the girl's from Taiwan, 3) she always eats alone, seeming unfriendly and cold to everybody else, and lastly, 4) the girl is drop dead gorgeous. Quiet basic, right?

The gorgeous kid stops eating her ramen and looked up at her.

"can I eat lunch with you?" she asks and the girl only looks at her.

Soojin smiled, "can I eat lunch with you?" she speaks again, speaking mandarin this time.

She honestly studied the language days ago just to talk to Shuhua, thinking that the reason why the younger girl is not talking to anyone is due to the language they're using.

And the way Shuhua's eyes lit up at that, she knew she's right.

"you can! of course, please take a seat." Shuhua answers her in her native language.

End of flashback

Since that day, she always joins Shuhua to eat. She tried to teach the girl Korean and day by day they became good friends through that.

Soon enough, she's invited to have a dinner and sleepover in Shuhua's place and so she then met the younger girl's whole family.

Flashback

"mom, dad, this is Seo Soojin." Shuhua said, speaking Korean this time.

"hello dear, our daughter keeps on talking about you." Shuhua's mom spoke in Korean, as she motioned for Soojin to sit on the chair beside Shuhua.