New Part 2

Once you had got home, you explained to your grandparents that you were tired and would catch up with them the next morning. You quickly showered and got in an old Carolina sweatshirt and pajama shorts. Opening the window, you let the warm evening breeze into your room. Slowly, but surely, you fell asleep.

The next morning, you woke up to a knock at the door. You expected your grandma or grandpa to answer it, but when a few seconds later another loud knock rang throughout the house, you groaned and got up from your warm bed. You walked down the staircase and tried to fix your morning hair best as possible so whoever was outside wouldn't shriek when you opened the door.
You slowly opened the door, and saw a familiar face looking back at you.
"Pope?"
"(Y/N)? What are you- do you LIVE here?!" Pope exclaimed loudly.
"Well, not technically," you said, smiling slightly.
"Oh, well, I have your grandparents' order ready. Do you want me to bring these into the kitchen like usual or—"
You cut him off. "Oh, please come in come in! There's lemonade leftover from dinner last night, you can stay here for a little bit before you go to whatever you do."
"I'd love to stay, but um..."
You sighed. "JJ is outside isn't he."
Pope looked down. "Yeah..."
"Oh well, um, I guess I'll just take these off your hands—"
"I'm really sorry about yesterday. It's just that JJ isn't really someone who likes kooks."
"I don't even get that! I'm not a kook or whatever! I don't even live here!"
"JJ is JJ. If it makes you feel better, He's the only one who's, erm, indifferent towards you. John B and Kie were very disappointed that they couldn't really meet you yesterday."
Your eyes start to tear up a little bit. You looked down to try and conceal the display of emotion, but Pope noticed and rubbed a hand on your back.
"I just don't understand why he hates me when he doesn't even know the first thing about me!"
"Sometimes I want to hit him upside the head for how dumb he is. Don't let him get you down, and you know what? Why don't you come on down to the Wreck tonight, Kie is working and I'll be there, John B as well I think. You can get a proper introduction then and feel more comfortable."
"Pope, you'd really do that for me? A girl you've only known for a day?"
"Of course, don't sweat it. I'll see you there at 6?"
"That sounds good. Thank you so much Pope." You gave him a side hug, and pulled out your phone. "Before you go, can I get your number just in case?"
"Sure! Here," he took your phone and typed in his number. "Call if you need anything. See ya!"
You waved as he left, and caught a glimpse of JJ frowning. If he's gonna be that way, fine then. You thought to yourself.

You finished the last of your light makeup, pulling on a loose faded red sweatshirt and floral shorts. You pulled your hair back into a lazy bun and grabbed your mini backpack off the counter. "Grandma!" you called out. "I'm going to meet some friends at the Wreck, is that okay?"
"Of course sweetheart! I'll see you later! Be safe!"
"Always am!" you yelled back in response.
You grabbed the keys to your white subaru and started it up. The drive to the Wreck was pleasant, watching the beautiful scenery as you drove. As soon as you pulled up to the restaurant, you saw Pope waiting outside.
You stopped your car in a parking space and took your keys out of the ignition.
"Pope! Hey, thanks for waiting outside for me!" You smiled at the kind boy.
"Of course! Let's head in." You two walked in and you saw John B sitting at a table with another person, their back facing you.
Even though you had only been on the island for 2 days, you knew who it was. Nobody could mistake that blonde hair.
JJ.
You looked back at Pope and he shrugged.
You sat down opposite JJ and uncomfortably sat your backpack on the floor while he avoided looking at you.
John B cleared his throat. "Now that we are all here, we have some things to discuss."
"Before we talk I need a cheerwine or I promise you, I WILL punch you in the throat," you said to JJ. "I am not a violent person but I'm also able to handle myself."
"Whatever," JJ said, rolling his eyes. "You couldn't hurt anyone sweetheart."
Before you even knew what you were doing you lunged for him, reaching for his throat. Pope grabbed you by the waist, making it impossible to strangle the blonde boy in front of you.
"JJ, do you have something to say to our friend (Y/N) here?" Kie asked.
"I'm sorry you're a kook," he said, picking at his fingernails.
"I'm sorry you're mad at something I can't control," you snapped back.
"JJ," Pope warned.
"Fine, I'm sorry for getting mad when we found out you were a kook."
"Okay," John B started. "Now, why don't you two start over. (Y/N), this is JJ. JJ, this is (Y/N). Shake hands, you two."
You and JJ looked at each other before awkwardly shaking hands.
"Yay! Now, let's get to dinner!" Kie said, placing delicious smelling food on the table.

Once you finished your food, you started to walk out to your car. You unlocked it and climbed into the driver's side.
"Nice car you got here, sweetheart." You heard a voice say from behind your car. You heard the passenger side door open, and lo and behold, JJ Maybank sat down in your car.
"What do you think you're doing?"
"Look, I mean it, I'm sorry for being such a jerk about your grandparents living on figure 8 and everything. I just, I knew you wouldn't..."
"Wouldn't what?"
"Wouldn't, like me, if you were a rich girl..."
"You mean, you think I wouldn't want to be friends with you because my grandparents are rolling in it?"
"No, I mean, um, a different way,"
"You think I wouldn't be interested in you because of that? JJ, look, I don't care how much money you have or don't have. If I like someone, I like them for who they are, not who their bank account says they are."
"So, wanna, get out of here?" He said, a cheeky smile plastered on his cute face.
"Not a chance. I'll drive you to your place if you want, but I won't leave this car."
"I don't nee—"
You stopped him. "If you say what I think you're about to say I AM going to punch you in the throat, and this time Pope won't be here to save you."
"Alright just a drop off then, get the message loud and clear cap'n," He said, mock saluting.
You laughed, finally feeling completely at ease. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.
Unbeknownst to you, that boy was gonna be the reason why you would never want to leave here someday.