Make Daddy Proud Pt 3

It had been a month since you ditched Midsummers. And by some small miracle, your parents had believed that you had spent the night at a friend's house. Since then, you've been sneaking out almost every night to go see JJ and the others, but mostly just JJ. You and JJ both knew that if you were out during the day you two would get caught, and word travels fast on the island, and if the other kooks knew that you were hanging out with pogues, you would be disowned by your parents and all the others with money. It wasn't hard to sneak out, your parents went on beach walks at night about every day, so you would sneak out, sometimes leaving a note saying you were staying at a friends' for the night so they wouldn't be suspicious. 

Tonight was one of the nights you were going out to meet the rest of the pogues. You threw on a red bikini, some paper bag jean shorts, and a thin, loose, cropped white t shirt. You pulled your hair into a half up half down hairstyle, and slid on a pair of Birkenstocks. Grabbing your phone and leaving a note saying you were staying at one of your girl friends' houses. You grabbed your water bottle off of the counter and went out the back door. 

You walked to the dock, waiting for the HMS Pogue to get over to your dock. You scrolled through your camera roll, looking at all the happy photos you had with the pogues. You were snapped out of your thoughts when an all too recognizable voice called for you. 

"(Y/N)!" Rafe Cameron and his friends were all getting closer to your dock. You gave a small smile and waved, hoping the pogues were still out far enough so you wouldn't get caught. 

The boys all stopped in front of you, Rafe at the very front. "What're you doing out here all alone?"

You scanned the group of young men, tried to think of a believable lie. "Just, admiring the water, you know. Admiring our beautiful island."

Rafe scoffed, not believing you. "Okay, what are you doing out here for real?"

Your eyes shot to the pogue that was getting into view. You bit your lip, wishing Rafe would leave you alone and not recognize the pogue. 

Rafe looked at the boat and looked back to you. "Those trashy pogues aren't coming here for you, are they?"

You looked at him, mouth slightly parted. "N-no! What pogues?" You looked around, pretending you hadn't noticed the boat. 

"Well, why don't you come on over with us instead, don't want those pogues giving you any trouble," Kelce added.

"I'm able to handle myself, but thank y'all for being concerned. I'm just going to enjoy the evening on my dock, thank you boys."

Rafe stepped closer to you, rubbing your arm with his hand. "We can show you a good time, (Y/N)."

You jerked yourself away from him, backing up. "Please, I'm fine."

Rafe motioned for the guys with him to beat it. "I don't think you understand. I want you to come with me to this party we're having, I think something...could happen...with us."

You wanted to vomit at his attempt to ask you out, but you forced yourself to be civil. "Thank you, Rafe, but I'm really not a party girl. Maybe we can hangout some other time," you glanced to the pogue, hoping Rafe didn't notice. 

"What I think," he said, stepping closer to you, "is that one of those pogues has you under a spell. You got a thing for dirty pogues, (Y/N)?"

You wanted to back up more, but that would cause you to fall in the marsh. "Rafe, I don't know what you're talking about, please just leave me alone."

"Not until I give those pogues a piece of my mind." 

As soon as he said that, the HMS Pogue was within earshot, and you knew that they recognized who was talking to you. John B stopped the boat, knowing how much trouble you would get in if your cover was blown. 

"Hello, Rafe."

"Cut the crap, which one of you has corrupted this reputable young lady?" Rafe asked, his anger growing by the second. "I bet it was you, JJ." Rafe smirked, knowing he had come up on a sensitive subject. 

It all happened so fast. JJ lunged for Rafe, hitting him across the face multiple times. You shrieked, trying to pull the boys apart. Rafe had gotten the upper hand, laying blows to JJ's face. You wrapped your arms around Rafe's midsection, pulling as hard as you could on him, to get him to stop. 

"Rafe please!" You cried. "Stop!"

Rafe stopped, and so did JJ. "I was protecting you, (Y/N), you don't want to be around these dirtbags."

You looked to JJ, seeing the blood on his face. "No. I do. It's better than hanging around guys like you who only want to use me. They see me as a person, not as an accessory."

Rafe scoffed. "And what would daddy dearest do if he heard you talking like that?"

You panicked, at first, thinking about the trouble you'd be in for hanging out with pogues and sneaking out. But you realized that this was more than just you. Rafe hurt JJ, so you did the only logical thing you could think of. 

You backhanded Rafe. 

He looked at you in shock, a red mark on his cheek from where you struck him. You stepped onto the boat, but not before giving Rafe a warning. "Don't talk to me or my friends ever again."

Before Rafe could react, John B sped off, leaving him alone on the dock. You made your way to JJ, who was laying on the floor of the boat. You cupped his face in your hands, examining the damage done. 

"I'm so sorry," you whispered, tears welling up in your eyes. 

JJ smiled, wiping the tear that had fallen down your cheek away. "Don't be, I'm okay."

You looked at him, hurt in your eyes. "You're bleeding."

"I'm okay. But are you okay?"

"I'm fine, he didn't touch me, you saw."

"No, I mean when you backhanded him. I never in a million years would've thought you were capable of doing something like that, princess."

You stroked his cheek with your thumb. "He hurt you, I wasn't going to let him get away with that." 

"What about your parents?" 

"I'll deal with them later. Let me help you, please."

He nodded, and you pulled out a first aid kit. You cleaned his cut lip, and admired his features. 

"Like what you see?" He asked, smirking at you. 

"You already know the answer to that, JJ." 

He laughed, moving you so you were both leaning against the edge of the boat, your head on his chest and his chin on top of your head. 

"Is this real to you, (Y/N)?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, do you really actually like me?"

You moved, face to face with JJ. "Yes." Your voice came out softer than you wanted it to. "I would never hurt anyone unless they hurt someone who I loved."

JJ's mouth slightly parted. "You love me?" 

You realized what you had said, tensing up. "I-I'm sorry, it's too soon, I shouldn't have--"

JJ cut you off. "Shut up."

You looked at him funny. "What?" 

"Just, shut that pretty mouth of yours so I can kiss you." 

You barely had time to smile, before he was grabbing your face and your lips were on his. You held the kiss, moving your mouth to fit his. 

You two continued to kiss until you heard someone yell from the front of the boat. "Hey! You two idiots! Stop macking on my boat!"

You pulled away from JJ. "Should we stop?"

He looked at you, then down at your lips. "No," he said, pulling you in for more kisses. 

You smiled, knowing this boy was the one you were going to marry one day.