Gameday

It had been about two months since you had met the pogues, and they had made it to almost every single one of your games. You had never really had people want to come to your games in Maine, as people were already surrounded by the sport, and were most likely attending their own games, or their boyfriend's games. 

It was a somewhat chilly December day, and you had a game that night. Not just any game, your team was playing your rivals, so the pressure was on for you to perform well, especially as the team USA U18 scouts would be there. You were nervous, but you couldn't quite place what you were nervous about. You've played in front of the scouts numerous times before, and you hadn't ever gotten this nervous. Why were you so nervous? You chose to ignore it and try to focus your mind on something that wouldn't worry you. The pogues were all super excited to watch, even though they had already been to many of your games. You were most surprised by JJ, who had made an effort to learn anything and everything about hockey, purely for you. You had decided that it was as good a time as any to ask him to wear your jersey. 

You pulled up to the chateau, after you had gotten a text from John B that everyone was there. You were unusually nervous, you were just asking him to wear your away jersey, it wasn't that big of a deal, right? It was tradition at your old school to get the cutest person you could to wear your away jersey, but you had always given it to your guy friends, not wanting to date any of the guys knowing that they would feel inadequate to you based purely on skill, which you thought was absolutely ridiculous. You shouldn't be nervous to ask him, he wouldn't be jealous of your skill, right? He doesn't even play hockey. You took in a deep breath, before knocking on the door.

You were greeted by a smiling John B, who pulled you into a side hug. "There she is! What's up Chief?"

You smiled, hugging him back. "Nothing really, just stopping by to say hello and make sure y'all were going to come to my game tonight."

Kiara was the first to respond. "Of course! We wouldn't miss it for the world! It's a rivalry game, and we know you'll do so amazing!" 

You blushed slightly, as you had never really liked being complimented, it made you feel awkward and you didn't know how to respond. 

"So, have your teammates still been hounding you on which one of us is 'your man?'" John B asked, raising his eyebrows. 

"Nah, they don't really ask since none of you have come wearing my jersey," you replied, staring at the jersey in your hands. 

JJ walked over to you. "So, you trying to get one of us to wear your jersey tonight?" He motioned to your hands. 

You blushed a deep red, earning smirks and eyebrow raises from the rest of the group. "Well-I-um... I was wondering if you um, maybe wanted to wear my jersey tonight, JJ?" 

He smiled, walking up close to you and taking the fabric from your hands. "I'd love to," he pulled you in for a hug, to which you returned. 

The sound of Pope clearing his throat pulled you out of the daze you were in while in JJ's arms. 

"Okay, I'll, um, see you at 7," you said, walking backwards to get out the door, and running into the wall. You laughed sheepishly, turning around and making it through the doorway while mentally slapping yourself. 

In the locker room, you had just finished lacing up your skates when one of your teammates yelled over to you.

"Hey, give your jersey to anyone tonight Chief?" She wiggled her eyebrows while looking over to you. 

You laughed, standing up. "You'll just have to wait and see Shorsey," you smirked as you walked out, leaving your teammates awestruck. 

Almost immediately after your skates touched the ice, you heard someone yell your name and start cheering. You looked over, trying to find the source of the voice. Your eyes were met with a tall blonde, the only one standing up in the stands, wearing your jersey.