- 15 -

"Does it hurt?" He asked, leaning closer to you.
"What..." You growled through your teeth.
"Knowing you got so close... But you still failed anyway." He dragged the chains back, with you still attached to them, you winced and narrowed your eyes.
You and Loki had, had an argument when you refused to help him take over New York, and instead turned against him, he'd turned sour and taken things too far.
"I said does it hurt!" He snapped, his voice laced with anger.
You didn't flinch, you didn't move, you didn't want to give him the satisfaction of being right.

As your heart pounded loudly at your ribcage, you suddenly felt a wave of confidence wash over you. "No..."
Your reply took the God of Mischief by surprise, he turned to look at you, a brow raised. He attempted to regain his composure but failed to do so, he admired your bravery.
"And... Why not?" Loki murmured.
"Because I got close enough... I got close enough to you, and now I know your weaknesses." You chuckled softly.

"The God of Mischief doesn't have weaknesses." He claimed.
"Everyone does."
"And what are yours?"
"For one... These chains, and... Well you know what else."
Loki grinned, "And do enlighten me as to what mine are."
"You're scared of losing someone... More importantly... You're scared of losing your brother." You spoke.

Loki fell silent, he knelt down beside you, taking his chin upon his fingertips, "You see, that's where you're wrong... I'm not scared about losing him, I'm scared about losing you."