- 23 -

Loki was both shocked to witness you stumbling through the doors, breathing staggered, face pale. 

The pair of you locked eyes onto one another. He looked you up and down, unable to see exactly what injuries you had suffered, but there was something else. He couldn't quite read the expression plastered on your face because it was something he wasn't used to seeing from others.

It was relief.

You stumbled closer with a wheeze, clasping onto his shoulders with a pained gasp, before your arms instinctively wrapped around his neck as you fell against his chest, embracing him tightly. His heart raced, the God of Mischief had been caught off guard, he stood awkwardly with his arms outstretched, still taking in the fact that you were there, holding him tightly. It didn't take him long to snap out of his trance like state, resulting in him wrapping his arms around your waist with a sigh of relief.

"You're okay." He whispered.

You nodded against his chest, breathing still staggered, "A-And so are you." 

He pulled you away from him for a moment, watching as your expression went from relief to confusion. He then brought his hands to your cheeks, leaning in, kissing you as a rush of emotions overwhelmed him. 

Not only did he know he loved you, but now he knew that there was someone who needed and loved him.

It's funny how so much could be said through simple expressions.