Chapter 1:Nerds and and jocks dont mix

Beatrice pov:
"Six o'clock wake up. Get to school early for extra credit. Go to classes. Receive homework. Go home. Do homework. Get all a's for the rest of the year. Go to college and get my degree. Okay this year will be fine, it's my last year. What could go wrong?" I whisper to myself as my alarm beeps notifying me it is time to wake up. This is it. My last year of high school, then I'm done.

I sit up in my bed and smooth down my blanket. I scramble for my glasses at my bedside and put them on. I stand up and make my bed.
I walk into my bathroom and brush my teeth. I hear the my bedroom door slightly squeak. I spit my toothpaste out into the sink. "Caleb get out of my room!" I scream, walking towards my closet to get my clothes.
He is sprawled out on my bed texting someone. "I'm leaving in 10 minuets, because I am meeting up with my friends to go to starbucks. If you're not ready by then, I am leaving without you." His eyes don't leave his phone as he tells me this. I groan and say "Caleb, I can't be ready in 10 minuets."
"Well maybe if you had friends they could pick you up, but you are a nerd so you don't have any." He says with his eyes still glued to his phone. "Caleb, I'm not a nerd!" I say defensively.
"Fine a geek" he says finally looking up at me. "Caleb, no I'm not you're just a jerk, and all your friends are jerks too."
"Well at least I'm not socially awkward." He says getting up from my bed. "8 minuets!" He yells as he slams my bedroom door. "Ughhhhh!"

I change into my yoga pants and tshirt with the periodic table of elements on it. My blonde hair is so long that it goes to my butt. I throw it up into a high ponytail like I do everyday. I put on my toms and grab my backpack. Most girls take an hour to get ready, because they do their hair and makeup, and they take forever to find a perfect outfit. I however, am not like that. I look in the mirror and sigh at my appearance. I am only 5'3, I have no curve what so ever on my body, and I have a small, almost flat chest. My big glasses make my face look smaller than it is.

I walk down the stairs of my house and say goodbye to my parents. I run into the garage as Caleb was starting to back out. I jump in the passenger seat quickly and scowl at him. I would drive myself, but I never learned. I am almost 18 and I still don't know how to. Caleb and I are 10 months apart in age, so he is already 18, but we are still both seniors.

After 5 minuets of driving, we pull up to a house that I recognize as Matthew's. Matthew walks up to the car and opens the passenger door. "Get in the back Beatrice." Caleb says. I roll my eyes and grab my bag and get in the back of the car.

We arrive at Starbucks and we go in. I order a vanilla bean frappe, because it doesn't have coffee in it. I get a blueberry muffin also and sit down at a table alone. Caleb doesn't let me sit with him, because he doesn't want to be associated with me. I don't know what happened between us, we grew up being close, and then at the beginning of seventh grade he just ditched me.

I hear my name being called and I go and get my drink. I go and sit back down at my table. As I am eating my muffin, I see that on the other side of the room are the popular kids in school. There are eight of them and their "leader" is Four. Nobody knows what his real name is, but his nickname is Four, because apparently he has four fears. His friends gave him that name from what I have heard. One of the girls- Christina laughs and punches Will, another one of the guys. For a moment, I wonder what it would be like to have a friend. They seem happy, but they are normal. I'm not, people think I'm a weird nerd. That small moment of having a desire for friends is gone, when I think of what having a friend would mean. It means betrayal, hurt, lies, anger, and almost always ends in destruction. I shake the thought out of my head. I look over at Caleb's table and see that it is vacant. I look outside at the parking lot to see that his car is gone. I let out a huff.

This is something Caleb would do; leave me stranded 3 miles from school. I stand up and walk towards the door. I wanted to get to school early to turn in my extra credit work I did over the summer, but it doesn't look like that will be happening.

I have walked about 2 miles when I hear heavy breathing and loud footsteps running behind me. "Wait!" A panting voice behind me say. I turn around and my eyes widen.

"God, you walk fast. Here you left you're backpack." Four hands me my bag.
I hesitate before taking it from him. "Thank you." I say stiffly. He holds out his hand. "I'm Four." I look at his hand carefully. It is big and looks very callused. "Ya I know who you are. I'm Beatrice. We've been in school together for 13 years now." I shake his hand and he raises his eyebrows "there are only 12 grades." I roll my eyes "Kindergarden. Mrs. Jones class. Here, maybe you will remember; I learned the abc's before you, so you got mad and cut off my ponytail." I say recalling the day. He laughs and says "oh Ya! That was so funny." "No it wasn't!" I exclaim. "Well you were the one that had to be a know-it-all. Anyways, Ya I don't think we have ever really officially met though." He says as we reach school. "It was nice to meet you Tris." He says walking towards his friends who are getting out of their cars. "My name is Beatrice!" I yell.
He turns his head and yells back "Whatever you say!"

Hey initiates! This is my new fanfiction and I hope you guys enjoy it! I have a lot of ideas for this story that will hopefully set it apart from others, since I know the whole high school fanfiction idea is so overused! And btw if you guys haven't already, you should totally go and read my other stories, because that would make me super duper happy!!!!! Cluck cluck🐔 I'm a chicken... Oh wait that's a rooster, but it's funny so I won't change it.
Sorry, I have my moments.^^^😂

QOTD: how much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

My answer:46 *cough wink cough*

Remember to be eaton that cake