New blood

Friday, May 5th

Location: Base, Hereford

Time: 0800

Kyle's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm which I unplug from the wall because I couldn't be bothered to turn it off properly. Nøkk was missing of course which I then take a shower, brush my teeth and head to the roof. I peeked through the door to find her standing by ledge.

"Thought you'd be up here"

Serena: "How'd you find me?

"Ela said she saw you come up here one time so I thought you'd be here, why are you up here so early?"

Serena: "I like the breeze"

"I can see that, dont you wanna get something to eat?"

Serena: "With you? Sure"

We walk down to the cafe, once there I find Ollie chatting it up with some of the other operators. I smile at this while getting my food and heading his way

Ollie: "Morning Kyle"

"Morning Ollie, I see you've got acquainted with some of the team members"

Ollie: "Yea, Marius here was just telling me about his Active Defense System"

"You've always been able to make friends quickly I'll give you that"

Jäger: "Ja, kid's a charmer keep in mind I'm an engineer not a medic so don't get shot when I'm around"

Ollie: "I'll keep that in mind, Who's this?" He said pointing at Serena

Serena: "Specialist Nøkk though you can call me Serena if you want"

Ollie: "Serena huh? I like that name"

Serena: "Thank you, looking forward to see how you do out there"

"You give six the Intel?"

Ollie: "Yea he'll call me up when he's able to read it all"

"How much Intel did you have?"

Ollie: "IDs, drivers licences, passports. You name it"

"Damn I'm impressed, For an officer"

Ollie: "Shut up"

Me and Serena take a seat with Blackbeard, Ela and Glaz

Ela: "Morning Kyle"

"Hey, how was your chat with my brother last night?"

Ela: "Could've gone better, he kinda said some embarrassing stuff about how he peed his pants in class"

"Yea I was there" I say laughing a bit

Ela: "Tho kid's Alright"

"Thanks, he seems to like you guys so that's a plus"

Serena: "Oh Kyle forgot to tell you, I'm able to go a missions again starting This week"

"That so? Cant wait to work with rainbows ghost again"

She smiled at this and begun eatting her food. We finished our breakfast, returned our trays and left for the armory to get our weapons then hit the shooting range, I found ash trying to get her place back as number 1 on the leaderboards again.

"Still giving it your all eh?"

Eliza: "Yea it's sort of a daily routine for me now"

"Well good luck with that"