Setting Up

A/N Apologies in advance, this chapter might have too many pictures for some people, I just want you to get an idea of what the Great Hall looked like. If I could make them smaller, I would, I swear. Also half this chapter was written on my phone, so excuse typos please

Pansy's PoV

Three days later, I was still chuckling over Hermione's reaction as I dragged my fifteenth bistro table into the Great Hall. My stomach growled angrily as I set the complicated charm on the table, telling it when to change colour and what to change to.

Picture this but with coloured edges and stand

Professor McGonagall had enlisted the entire year group of Eighth Years to help set up, with a promise of all the finest Muggle foods as a special treat. The candles had been charmed to flicker a certain colour, and red drapes cascaded from hidden rafters

 The candles had been charmed to flicker a certain colour, and red drapes cascaded from hidden rafters

Sort of

I gazed around the Hall in a trance, momentarily forgetting my hunger in awe of what we'd accomplished. Red hints were everywhere; in the tables, drapes, seats, the tall champagne flutes had ombre red bases, which faded elegantly upward. The butterbeer stood in several frosted red glass jugs, each ten litres in capacity, with taps at the bottom for easy access.

  The butterbeer stood in several frosted red glass jugs, each ten litres in capacity, with taps at the bottom for easy access

Like this, but bigger and a different shape.

Scones with strawberry jam were in the kitchens below, and red velvet cake was in the ovens for the ball.

Sounds of joy echoed in from outside, where the rest of the student body was eting lunch on the lawn in a picnic, a rare treat as it made transporting the food more difficult. Hermione handed me a stack of flyers to put up around the hall, explaining the meanings behind the colours. As I circled the hall, Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick levitated a swirly dance floor with red and white highlights underneath all the tables and Professor Sprout fixed a pale red chandelier in place above the staff table.

I joined Hermione at a bistro table in the centre of the room and observed our handiwork with awe.
"It looks great!" I said cheerfully, leaning my head on Hermione's shoulder.
"Yeah, it does," she said comfortably.
Hermione's POV

I grinned to myself. This was just too perfect, and I wanted to freeze time, when Professor McGonagall set a tray of turkey sandwiches down on one of the bistro tables on the dance floor. suddenly a swarm of people surrounded us, ruining the moment.

I pecked Pansy on the cheek, shocking her slightly, before wandering off to grab us some sandwiches.

A/N So that was kinda short, but the next chapter is going to be hella long and might take me a hella long time, so I wanted to get this out there.

QOTD: Out of the following styles of song, which is/are your favourite?

Disco, rap, pop, emo pop, rock, hard rock, heavy metal, classical, film music, musical music, traditional music, hip hop, indie, punk, jazz, Beatles (they deserve their own section), reggae or R&B (whih I don't know what it is but it came up on my google search)

Bye