The First Snow.

A/N I don't own any of the lyrics in this chapter

All of Eighth Year was hunkered down in their rooms. Sleet pounded on the windows, and the post-Ball euphoria was slowly fading, a week after the grand success of the Ball. Pansy and Hermione had arranged to meet in Pansy and Luna's room, and Luna was staying with Ginny in Hermione and Ginny's apartment (A/N not Linny. I Repeat, NOT LiNNY (but if my dumbass didn't decide to have ginny and Harry have a successful and sweet relationship at the start, then it might be. Sorry ) anyway...)

"And to think I thought we could go to Hogsmeade this weekend," Pansy said miserably, looking out the grand french windows which let in the meagre daylight available.

"Yeah, our first date being cancelled is really sad," Hermione responded glumly, and silence fell. sounds of students chattering echoed through the dim hallways, but Pansy and Hermione, in their serene moment of quiet, heard the dull patter of grey sludge on the windows turn to something sweeter. Something that made their inner five-year-olds sing. Hermione spun her head around so fast that her neck cricked, but she got up and dragged Pansy to her feet.

Hermione's PoV

"Pansy! Come on!" I said eagerly, dragging her out the door, saying goodbye to Pansy's portrait.

"What, Hermione? It's cold outside!" Pansy complained and I paused to let her put on a third jumper and a scarf before dragging her out a side entrance.For a moment Pansy glanced around sullenly, then she realised why I had brought her out here. Because amongst the sleet puddles in the muddy grass was a fine dusting of snow.

Soft, white snow; the type of snow that  heralds a crisp, clear morning, ful of laughter, joy and snowmen.

Pansy giggled, her annoyed demeanor vanishing in an instant as she helicoptered about catching snow on her hands, and her tongues. She was so happy that she even started to sing.

"What a merry wizard Christmas.... Tooooo yoooouuuuu," She sang, her voice clear and sharp against the muffled silence. The grass was partially covered now, and the snow began to fall thick and fast. i heard others come out into the flurry, but I ignored them. This was my snowfall. mine and Pansy's.

I said to Pansy, "Let me teach you a true muggle classic," and upon her nod I began to dance around as if I were in a musical.

'Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens," I began, picturing scenes of wonder in my head, " Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown Paper packages tied up with string. These are a few of my favourite things."

Pansy began to dance around once more in pure joy as my voice rang out into the silence of the first snow.

"Cream coloured ponies and crisp apple strudel, door bells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles. Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings. These are a few of my favourite things,"

"Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes. Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes. Silver white winters that melt into springs...

These are a few of my Favourite things!""

Pansy crept up behind in her euphoria and grab me by my waist and spun me around. My vvoice wobbled slightly as I danced, but I continued to sing, not caring who heard.

"When the dog bites.

When the bee stings

When I'm feeling sad,

I Simply remember my favourite things, and then I don't feeeeeeeellll soo baaaaaddd," I sang as I pirouetted around, landing with hands on Pansy's chest, my face about two inches from hers and breathing heavily in the wind.

I stared into Pansy's ice blue eyes as our breath mingled visibly in the crisp air, snow swirling around us, now covering the grass completely.

Faster than I could imagine, Pansy closed the gap between us. All of a sudden, my lips were pressed against hers. Snow gradually built up over our feet but we did nothing to break the kiss. My hand ended up in her hair and hers in mine, and snow flurried around us in a magical force field from the pure force of our love.

An interminable amount of time later, we had to break the kiss and I grinned wordlessly at Pansy.

A/N

QOTD: On a scale of 1-10 how organised are you. I personally am about a seven, sometimes a five.

See you in the next chapter!