This moment

(lucy's POV)

Finally, after hours and hours of writing, I ran out of words to think of.
I stood up from my chair and headed to my bed to lie down. I wanted to rest once I got to my bed, but I wasn't sleepy. I couldn't think of anything to do before wanting to rest, so I went outside instead to look at the stars. Once I was outside, it was still bright even though it's already night time.
While climbing a low hill, thoughts were running on my mind. Like why I still wasn't sleepy even if we went to a tiring job today. Am I sick? Gotta be sick. As soon as I reached the top of the low hill I was climbing, I sat down on the grass and looked up to the night sky.

Lately I have been asked by many if I had feelings for Natsu, because I always want to protect him and I am always by his side. I said no to all of those questions. But because of them(the questions), I actually asked myself too. Do I have feelings for Natsu? After a lot of thinking, I finally realized it. I do have feelings for Natsu. After realizing that, I wondered if he did have feelings for me. What if he did? Well duh, I would be overjoyed. But I think that he doesn't have feelings for me, because I'm pretty sure he has a crush on Lisanna. That fact makes me a little bit-just a teeny weeny bit-jealous. But why should I be stressing out over that? I'm supposed to relax here and make myself sleepy.
Since I was here, I admired the bright stars on the night sky. I sighed in awe, and wondered what it would be like to be a star. Living for a billion years and being able to give light in the dark. The thought makes me happy and therefore, I wanted to be a star. I know it's stupid, but I'm allowed to dream, right?
I heard the grass rustle behind me. I thought it was the wind so I ignored it.
"Luce, why are you here?";, someone asked. That voice sounds familiar to me, it was the one which gives me courage to stand up and fight. Natsu.
"I couldn't sleep, that's all. What about you?" I asked, looking at him and smiling.
"I always go here before I sleep."
"Is that so?"
"Yeah, that's pretty much it," he answered, sitting beside me.
I stared at him for a long time. I noticed how swift his moves are. It was amazing, he was amazing.
"Is there something wrong with me Luce?" He asked.
"N-no, there's nothing wrong about you, nothing at all!" I stammered.
"Then why are you staring at me like that?"
"No reason. I spaced out, I guess," was my best answer.
Silence. Both of us didn't talk. It was a little awkward-alright, it was very awkward. I wanted to break the silence between us, but I couldn't think of anything to say. I hated these kinds of moments, because my brain won't work no matter how many times I'll tell it to do so.
"Jewel for your thoughts?" Natsu said.
That's about the first time I heard Natsu use an idiom. "I think it will be better if I will keep it to myself only," I answered. "Natsu, since when did you start using idioms?"
"That's my first time I guess."
"How did you know about idioms then?"
"I read a book about it."
You're kidding. He actually read something?
"I didn't know you read."
"WHAT DID YOU SAY JUST NOW?!"
I giggled at his reaction.
"Of course I read," he said after calming down.
"When did you actually become interested in reading?"
"Err... Yesterday, I guess."
I laughed a little at his answer. Not like it was funny or anything.
"Well then, I better get going," I said. "See you tomorrow at the guild!"
I bid him goodbye with a smile on my face and ran to my apartment.
I lay down on my bed, thinking about what just happened. I actually got to talk to him before I sleep. I might count myself lucky now.
And before I realized it, I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

The next day I woke up feeling cheerful and happy, like nothing can bring me down.
I went to eat my breakfast, took a shower, dressed in my normal clothes and ran to the guild happily.
I opened the guild doors, making everyone look at me. It didn't matter now, I was too joyful to worry about them. I ran to the counter, where Mirajane was looking at me, confused.
"What's with the joyful face today?" she asked.
"I just woke up like this. Have you seen Natsu today?" I asked excitedly, I don't know why.
Mira shrugged. "Why? Are you confessing to him today?" I ignored her question.
"I saw him!" A girl with light blue hair told me. Levy.
"Really? Where is he then?"
"I saw him at a flower shop today, buying a bouquet of pink roses. I asked him who it was for, and he said that it was a secret." Levy said, almost complaining at the second sentence.
"Oh, I wonder who is his special someone! Who do you think it is, Lucy?" Mira asked, turning to face me.
"Maybe it's for Lisanna!" I said, forcing myself to be cheerful, though I was super depressed at the thought of him giving Lisanna the roses.
The whole guild has been listening to our conversation, causing everyone to whisper to each other.
Then, suddenly, the doors of the guild opened, causing everyone to be silent and stare to the person who opened it. A man with pink hair and a flying blue cat came inside. Natsu and Happy.
Levy was right, he did buy a bouquet of pink roses, because he is holding one at his hands. Not like I was doubting her or anything.
Since everyone on the guild heard the conversation we had, they crowded around Natsu quickly and asked him about the roses. I couldn't hear them clearly because everyone was speaking at the same time causing the voices to muffle. Natsu's voice was the only one heard, because his voice is pretty loud.
"Everyone, I will not tell you to whom these roses are for. You'll have to wait," He answered calmly.
Hearing the answer, everyone made way and went back to their seats. But they still kept their eyes on Natsu who headed towards me, Mira and Levy. Once he sat down in front of the counter, I asked him, "So who are you going to give the flowers to?"
"I kept it a secret to everyone, so I guess I could make an exemption to you guys. But I'll only give you clues, to keep it fair," He answered, grinning.
"Then tell us about her!" I told him, expecting a description of Lisanna to escape his mouth.
"Well, she's a very kind and gentle girl. Though she is annoyed by me sometimes, she is always amused by my antics. She's a very smart and brave girl, and she'll do anything to protect her friends. She always stays by my side and will never leave me alone like my father did. She scolds me occasionally because I always enter her house unexpectedly. But she will still make me comfortable and she'll also make tea for me and Happy," he explained to us.
"Hmm... So you just bought the flowers to show her gratitude?" Lisanna, who appeared out of nowhere, asked.
"No. I bought this bouquet of flowers to show her that I love her more than a friend, that I will always protect her and that I'll never leave her side," He said proudly.
"Wouldn't you give us some physical characteristics of her?" I asked.
"I don't think I'll need to," he said while facing me, "because she's right in front of me now." He grinned.
"I love you Lucy." He then smiled sweetly at me.
"M-me?" I asked.
"Of course you!"
I walked over to him. He stood up and I put my arms around his neck. "I've been wanting to tell you that I love you too," then grinned at him. He hugged me by the waist and kissed me on the lips. It was passionate, almost perfect. We moved away from each other after a while.
"Aww... Juvia so touched by this love story. Juvia wishes to be with Gray too!" Juvia said, chasing Gray around the guild halls. Everyone laughed. Me and Natsu laughed too, intertwining our fingers together.